Assistant Kitchen Manager - Full Time
Department: Food & Beverage
An exciting opportunity has arisen for someone to join our Food and Beverage team in a Full Time capacity as an Assistant Kitchen Manager!
Australia Zoo is an equal opportunity employer, where we recognise the diversity of our workforce and community – be it on the basis of gender, age, race, sexual orientation, or religious belief. We provide specific workplace programs to support diversity and equal employment opportunities for women, people with disabilities and all cultural backgrounds.
The Assistant Kitchen Manager is second in charge of all our food services and reports directly to the Food Services Manager. The Assistant Kitchen Manager will have managerial skills in order to play a critical role in maintaining and enhancing our customers’ satisfaction, while maintaining a safe a clean working environment for our staff.
The Assistant Kitchen Manager will have a demonstrated passion for training staff, and be determined to set the example of expectations to all staff. This role requires a high level of customer interaction, staff leadership, staff training and delegation. You will require good interpersonal and communication skills.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated ability of integrity, honesty, flexibility, good energy levels and the ability to deal with fast paced and high pressure situations with ease. Mentoring and up-skilling staff is an important aspect of this role.
Essential Criteria –
- Management level experience in a fast-paced food service restaurant
- Knowledge of food safety
- Experience in providing structured training systems
- Excellent time management skills to handle high pressured situations
- Own transport as there is limited access to public transport
- Highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
- High level people skills
- Hold current manual driver’s licence
- Certificate III in Commercial Cookery
- Functions/events experience
- Full availability, including weekends, public holidays, and school holiday periods
- Be helpful and polite to staff and guests
Preferred Criteria –
- Current First Aid and CPR Certificate
- Any associated licences, training, workplace health and safety
- Experience in recruiting, developing and training staff
- Asian cuisine experience
Apply for this job below. Applications close 19th of May 2021
Here is a checklist of information you will need to have ready before you start to complete the employment application form:
- Education history
- Employment history
- Any qualifications you may have eg First Aid
- Any achievements you may like to tell us about
- Your availability (what hours can you work)
- A resume in .pdf or .doc format
- Any other info that may support your application