Bus/Coach Driver – Full Time
Australia Zoo has an exciting opportunity available for an experienced Bus/Coach Driver within the Shuttles Department!
Australia Zoo is an equal opportunity employer, where we recognise the diversity of our workforce and community – be it on the basis of gender, age, race, sexual orientation, or religious belief. We provide specific workplace programs to support diversity and equal employment opportunities for women, people with disabilities and all cultural backgrounds.
With over 500 acres of beautifully kept grounds amazing animals, Australia Zoo is a destination for people of all ages. Drivers are employed predominately to assist the visitors arriving and departing the Zoo grounds safely when utilising the nearby public transport, such as trains. They are required to be multi-skilled and easily adaptable to changes.
A successful applicant will have a demonstrated ability to work in a high performance environment, with a capacity to deliver all requirements of the role, great work ethic and the ability to work to a high standard within a team.
Primary Duties –
- Provide excellent customer service to guests at all times
- Concierge duties, such as: greeting guests, assisting with zebra crossings, coordinating traffic and liaising with Senior Management regarding incoming and outgoing traffic
- Provide excellent service whilst picking up guests from local train stations and points of interest
- Drive the Australia Zoo courtesy bus safely and professionally
- Assist guest with arranging public transport and coordinating bus pick up/drop off times to suit
- Assist with the shuttle departments operations, including host duties, rides operations and general customer service
- Other duties as requested by the Head of Department/Senior Management
Essential Criteria –
- Full availability, including weekends, public holidays and school holidays
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Hold a current Drivers Authority
- Current Queensland Blue Card
- Hold a current Light Rigid (LR) Driver’s License or higher
- Have 1 year experience driving passenger vehicles
Preferred Criteria –
- Current 1st Aid qualifications
- Any other relevant certificates/licenses including Training, Leadership, WHS
Apply for this job below.
Here is a checklist of information you will need to have ready before you start to complete the employment application form:
- Education history
- Employment history
- Any qualifications you may have e.g. First Aid
- Any achievements you may like to tell us about
- Your availability (what hours can you work)
- A resume in .pdf or .doc format
- Any other info that may support your application