Car Park Marshall - Holiday Casual
An exciting opportunity has become available for someone to join our team as a Car Park Marshall for the upcoming Christmas School Holidays.
Australia Zoo is an equal opportunity employer, where we recognise the diversity of our workforce and community – be it on the basis of gender, age, race, sexual orientation, or religious belief. We provide specific workplace programs to support diversity and equal employment opportunities for women, people with disabilities and all cultural backgrounds.
Under the direction of the lead Car Park Marshall, the successful candidate for this role will assist with Traffic Control Management in car parks around the Zoo. You could be in any of the Zoo’s car parks including the overflow off site car park. The successful applicant will have a demonstrated ability to work in a team and communicate clearly using radios, provide excellent customer service to our guests, and be prepared to work outside in different weather conditions.
Experience in traffic control management is desirable but not essential. Do you work as a school crossing supervisor during school term time? If so this may be the role for you!
Successful candidates must be available for shifts between Saturday 9th December 2023 and Sunday 21st January 2024. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted via email and invited to attend Group Interviews in the leadup to the School Holiday period.
Key Responsibilities –
- Traffic directing at any of our onsite car parks.
- Traffic directing at our overflow offsite car park.
- Traffic directing at the staff overflow grass car park.
- Greeting guests as they come into the Zoo car parks, providing excellent customer service at all times.
- Coordinating traffic and liaising with the Lead Car Park Marshall via CB radio regarding incoming and outgoing traffic.
- Remain contactable at all times during on-shift time, by utilising the CB radios provided.
- Assisting guests with zebra crossings, and directing guests to Admissions.
- Rubbish pick up in the car parks if required.
- Other duties as requested by the Lead Car Park Marshall/Head of Department/Senior Management.
- Assisting other departments when required.
Essential Criteria –
- A demonstrated ability to contribute to a positive environment, and assist in creating a welcoming atmosphere for all Australia Zoo guests.
- Full availability, including: weekends, public holidays and school holidays.
- A positive approach to learning.
- A demonstrated understanding of Australia Zoo’s Policies and Procedures.
Preferred Criteria –
- Current 1st Aid qualifications.
- Experience in a similar role.
- Manual driver’s licence.
Apply for this job below.
Here is a checklist of information you will need to have ready before you start to complete the employment application form:
- Education history
- Employment history
- Any qualifications you may have e.g. First Aid
- Any achievements you may like to tell us about
- Your availability (what hours can you work)
- A resume in .pdf or .doc format
- Any other info that may support your application