Chef De Partie (CDP) - Full Time & Casual
Crocodile Hunter Lodge
An exciting opportunity has arisen for someone to join the Crocodile Hunter Lodge team as the Chef De Partie!
Australia Zoo is an equal opportunity employer, where we recognise the diversity of our workforce and community – be it on the basis of gender, age, race, sexual orientation, or religious belief. We provide specific workplace programs to support diversity and equal employment opportunities for women, people with disabilities and all cultural backgrounds.
The Chef De Partie will work alongside the team in the Warrior Restaurant and will be responsible for the operations for their assigned section. They will be the assisting force behind exceptional standards and will execute high quality food, focused on fresh, seasonal and local produce.
The Crocodile Hunter Lodge has been designed to reconnect guests with nature, and is home to beautiful native wildlife, with black cockatoos and kangaroos visiting most days. The restaurant will overlook a state-of-the-art home for our resident emus, kangaroos and koalas.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated ability to problem solve, work collaboratively within a team and create dishes suitable for a fine dining restaurant. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated passion for food, creativity and will deliver a world-class food experience to our guests each meal.
- Assisting the Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef with day to day operations of the Warrior Restaurant
- Ensuring set up, operations, pack down and preparation of assigned sections is held to standard
- Multi-tasking with regard to food preparation, service and stocktake of products
- Maintaining high standards of cleanliness and food safety
- Maintaining high standards of food production
- Inspecting food products and supplies as required and as requested by the Department Supervisor
- Assisting with mentoring of other team members
- Cert III in Commercial Cookery
- Experience in a similar role
- Ability to work in high pressure situations
- Full availability, including weekends, evenings, public holidays and school holidays
- Proof of Coronavirus Vaccination, unless otherwise exempt
- Advanced First Aid Qualification
- Other relevant certificates for the hospitality industry
- Any management qualifications suitable to the role
- An understanding of Financial KPIs and a proven track record of success
- Experience in menu design
- Experience in modern Australian cuisine
- Excellent time management skills
- Experience in managing and coordinating events and catering for functions
Apply for this job below. Projected start date for this position: June 2022.
Here is a checklist of information you will need to have ready before you start to complete the employment application form:
- Education history
- Employment history
- Any qualifications you may have eg First Aid
- Any achievements you may like to tell us about
- your availability (what hours can you work)
- A resume in .pdf or .doc format
- Any other info that may support your application