Cleaning Attendant – Full Time
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a cleaner who is interested in working at Australia Zoo!
Here at Australia Zoo we want every experience to be the best it can be for our guests. That’s why we need enthusiastic staff who are passionate about providing excellent customer service.
Australia Zoo is an equal opportunity employer, where we recognise the diversity of our workforce and community – be it on the basis of gender, age, race, sexual orientation, or religious belief. We provide specific workplace programs to support diversity and equal employment opportunities for women, people with disabilities and all cultural backgrounds.
At Australia Zoo, our Cleaners have the opportunity to get out and about on our gorgeous 110 acres of grounds, making sure our high standards of cleanliness are maintained throughout the Zoo. Our Cleaners also engage with our patrons making them feel welcome while supporting Australia Zoo’s goals of conservation through exciting education.
A successful applicant must be fit for physical work, enthusiastic, mature-minded, confident, well-presented and able to demonstrate a high level of work-ethic and initiative. Customer Service skills are also a must.
Duties include –
- Cleaning & maintaining all public areas
- General cleaning of offices
- Rubbish disposal and litter removal on surrounding zoo property including: pathways, access areas, service roads and main buildings throughout zoo
- Use of cleaning and maintenance equipment (Vacuum, Blower, Sweeper, Mop, Duster, Gurney, Buggy etc)
- Maintain excellent communication and guest relations
Essential Criteria –
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to stand and exert well-paced mobility for the duration of a scheduled shift
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Ability to wear a 15kg blower on back for approx. 2 hours per day
- Ability to work in outdoor climates for extended periods of time (Including high temperatures and rain)
- Experience in a similar environment preferred but not essential
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Strong availability including weekends, public holidays and school holidays
- Own transportation, as public transportation is not reliable in this area
Preferred Criteria –
- Relevant Certificates/Qualifications relevant to the role
- Any relevant WHS experience
- Manual drivers licence
Apply for this job below.
Here is a checklist of information you will need to have ready before you start to complete the employment application form:
- Education history
- Employment history
- Any qualifications you may have e.g. First Aid
- Any achievements you may like to tell us about
- Your availability (what hours can you work)
- A resume in .pdf or .doc format
- Any other info that may support your application