An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Cleaning Attendant who is interested in working at Australia Zoo!
Here at Australia Zoo we want every experience to be the best it can be for our guests, that’s why we need enthusiastic staff who are passionate about providing excellent customer service.
Australia Zoo is an equal opportunity employer, where we recognise the diversity of our workforce and community – be it on the basis of gender, age, race, sexual orientation, or religious belief. We provide specific workplace programs to support diversity and equal employment opportunities for women, people with disabilities and all cultural backgrounds.
At Australia Zoo, our Cleaners have the have the opportunity to get out and about on our gorgeous 108 acres of grounds, while ensuring that our high standards of cleanliness are maintained throughout the Zoo. Beyond that, our Cleaners make our patrons feel welcome, engage with them, and support Australia Zoo’s goals of conservation through exciting education.
A successful applicant must be fit for physical work, enthusiastic, mature-minded, confident, well-presented and able to demonstrate a high level of work-ethic and initiative. Customer Service skills are also a must.
Duties include –
- Cleaning & maintaining all public areas
- General cleaning of offices and buildings including organisation of storage rooms and off display areas
- Cleaning and maintenance of staff recreation areas; such as lunch rooms, bathrooms and meeting rooms
- Rubbish disposal and litter removal on surrounding zoo property including: pathways, access areas, service roads and main buildings throughout the Zoo
- Regular emptying of bins and cleaning of disposal facilities
- Regular cleaning and sanitising of toilet and bathroom facilities including parents rooms
- Use of a compactor machine to assist with rubbish disposal
- Use of chemicals and cleaning products
- Use of cleaning and maintenance equipment (vacuum, blower, sweeper, mop, duster, gurney, buggy, etc)
- Assisting guests throughout Australia Zoo with directions, and information surrounding the grounds
- Maintain excellent communication and guest relations
Essential Criteria –
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to stand and exert well-paced mobility for the duration of a scheduled shift
- Ability to wear a 15kg blower on back for approx. 2 hours per day
- Ability to work in outdoor climates for extended periods of time (Including high temperatures and rain)
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Strong availability including weekends, public holidays and school holidays
- Manual driver’s licence and own transport
Preferred Criteria –
- Relevant Certificates/Qualifications relevant to the role
- Experience in a similar environment
- Any relevant WHS experience
Apply for this job below. Applications close Friday 17th of September 2021.
Here is a checklist of information you will need to have ready before you start to complete the employment application form:
- Education history
- Employment history
- Any qualifications you may have eg First Aid
- Any achievements you may like to tell us about
- Your availability (what hours can you work)
- A resume in .pdf or .doc format
- Any other info that may support your application