Cleaning Supervisor - Full Time
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Food and Beverage department at Australia Zoo, for someone to join our team as a Full Time Cleaning Supervisor!
Here at Australia Zoo we want every experience to be the best it can be for our guests, that’s why we need enthusiastic staff who are passionate about providing excellent customer service.
Australia Zoo is an equal opportunity employer, where we recognise the diversity of our workforce and community – be it on the basis of gender, age, race, sexual orientation, or religious belief. We provide specific workplace programs to support diversity and equal employment opportunities for women, people with disabilities and all cultural backgrounds.
Australia Zoo caters for a wide variety of tastes with different dining options located around the Zoo. We are looking for a dedicated Cleaning Supervisor to assist with delivering the highest level of cleanliness throughout our outlets.
A successful applicant will have great attention to detail, the ability to be flexible with rosters and will show the ability to communicate effectively to a large customer base and team. The applicant will be required to work without our main dining area, lollyshop, Africa and other Service locations.
Primary Duties –
- Delivering and co-ordinate training of staff when asked by your Manager, communicate this training to impart knowledge and train counter staff to encourage high standards including incidental up-skilling knowledge and abilities.
- Inspection of cleaning equipment on a regular basis so as to know when they are worn-out and request for replacements as required
- Controlling and monitoring the usage of cleaning materials so as to avoid or minimize waste and/or misuse
- In your Managers absence monitor and review staff requirements remaining mindful of all labour budgets and KPI’s
- Assist in smooth operation of all eateries counters in peak periods lunch rush and school holidays
- Coordinate and assist staff on their routine, daily check of tables area
- You are responsible for the operation and organisation of all tables areas daily cleaning, Deep cleaning, reporting Maintenance of tables areas, Scrubber and Equipment to the Stock Supervisor.
- Correlate information on operations, customer service and system procedures to be passed on to the food and beverage managers.
- Liaise with the Manager on a daily basis regarding current tasks, and assist in the planning of future tasks.
- Ensure all assigned duties are carried out, and that resources are efficiently utilized.
- Organise scrubber schedule so that the crikey cafe, Retail, Lolly shop and all areas have a regulated cleaning schedule
- That section training is completed no later than their second shift, chemical handling, scrubber operation is signed off and staff are competent in their usage.
- Complete stock movement forms as per operation requirements. Organise staff to get stock when required.
- Complete the In counts for the chemical ordering and report to the stock supervisor when this is done
- Monitoring all tables and cleaning stock and performing stock rotation.
- Ensure all equipment and work environments are operational, report all maintenance to the Stock supervisor and Food and beverage managers.
- Ensuring section checklist are up to date and ensure they are being completed daily and monthly
- Implementation of requested cleaning required into the current schedule
- Plan and organise work flows – check the break sheet each morning and assign staff to tasks to ensure optimum performance for the business.
- Maintain communication with your Managers and other members of the Supervisory team by completing report documents to transfer information, relevant details and follow ups as well as advising the appropriate manager of any situation that may need attention, or decision making. This includes register issues, health and safety issues, staffing issues, risk assessments, complaints to be reported immediately to the duty manager or manager responsible.
- Any staff issues of performance once the initial conversations and retraining has occurred and been documented need to be passed on to the HR department at the zoo.
- Ensure tasks are up to date for days off
- Accurately give change and receipts through the pos and till system, supporting the Cafe supervisor and Managers in the lunch rush with Service.
- Numeracy skills with regard to counting money, sorting change and balancing cash registers at the end of shift when operationally required
- Maintain a clean and tidy work environment ensuring the area is always looking clean and presentable.
- Follow Food Safety Procedures
- Keep the area tidy and clean, this includes vacuuming, mopping, cleaning windows, sanitising benches, tables, chairs, condiment stations, floors, fans, walls, poles, platers, Photography artwork, Lights cleaning out fridges and freezers, cleaning staff bathroom, condiment stations, scullery, Laundry.
- Keeping up to date with specials promotions, staff memos, and communications and putting up appropriate displays.
Essential Criteria –
- Current First Aid qualification
- Hold current Driver’s Licence
- Available to work weekends, public holidays, and school holiday periods
- Proof of coronavirus vaccination (unless otherwise exempt)
- Minimum 2 years supervisory or management experience within the cleaning and hospitality industry
- Demonstrated leadership ability, and team work encouragement
- A sound understanding of cleaning principles, cleaning equipment and machinery. Chemical use knowledge is essential
- Current RSA
- This role required a high level of physical fitness (walking, lifting, bending and other physical activities are included)
Preferred Criteria –
- Current Advanced 1st Aid Qualifications
- Any other relevant certificates
- Hold a current Manual Driver’s License
Apply for this job below.
Here is a checklist of information you will need to have ready before you start to complete the employment application form:
- Education history
- Employment history
- Any qualifications you may have e.g. First Aid
- Any achievements you may like to tell us about
- Your availability (what hours can you work)
- A resume in .pdf or .doc format
- Any other info that may support your application