Customer Service Attendant – Admissions – Casual
An exciting opportunity has arisen for someone to join our Admissions team in a Casual capacity as a Customer Service Attendant!
Australia Zoo is an equal opportunity employer, where we recognise the diversity of our workforce and community – be it on the basis of gender, age, race, sexual orientation, or religious belief. We provide specific workplace programs to support diversity and equal employment opportunities for women, people with disabilities and all cultural backgrounds.
Customer Service Attendants are employed within the multiple locations within the Customer Service department of Australia Zoo. Primarily admissions with support to food court and retail.
Being assigned to the Admissions team, you are employed to ensure our guests enter the zoo in a friendly and welcoming manner. You are required to be knowledgeable about all our zoo promotions and events as well as our regular daily activities/presentations within the zoo.
Opportunity exists to become multi-skilled & work in the other departments mentioned above. You will need to have excellent customer service skills, excellent presentation, provide accurate & current information & work well with others.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated ability of integrity, honesty, flexibility, good energy levels and the ability to deal with fast paced and high pressure situations with ease. Mentoring and up-skilling staff is an important aspect of this role.
Essential Criteria –
- Exceptional verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Well-developed organisational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks
- Personable and approachable with excellent customer service skills
- Commitment to privacy and confidentiality
- Strong management and leadership experience
- Friendly and engaging personality
- Comfortable working with members of the public
- Be able to work in a team environment
- Be helpful and polite to staff and guests
- Neat and tidy appearance
- Be able to receive constructive feedback in a positive manner
- Available to work weekends, public holidays, and school holiday periods
Preferred Criteria –
- COVID-19 vaccinated
- Relevant Certificates/Qualifications relevant to the role
- Experience in a similar environment
- Any relevant WHS experience
Apply for this job below. Applications close 25th of October 2021.
Here is a checklist of information you will need to have ready before you start to complete the employment application form:
- Education history
- Employment history
- Any qualifications you may have eg First Aid
- Any achievements you may like to tell us about
- Your availability (what hours can you work)
- A resume in .pdf or .doc format
- Any other info that may support your application