Fleet Coordinator – Full Time
Australia Zoo has an exciting opportunity available for a Fleet Coordinator to join our team!
Australia Zoo is an equal opportunity employer, where we recognise the diversity of our workforce and community – be it on the basis of gender, age, race, sexual orientation, or religious belief. We provide specific workplace programs to support diversity and equal employment opportunities for women, people with disabilities and all cultural backgrounds.
With over 500 acres of grounds, and lots of vehicles to transport staff around, the Fleet Coordinator is primarily responsible for the coordination of maintenance and servicing that take place on all Australia Zoo Group Vehicles. The Fleet Coordinator must have a great practical and theoretical understanding of general mechanics and be able to apply these skills to their daily tasks.
A successful applicant will have a demonstrated ability to work in a high performance environment, with a capacity to deliver all requirements of the role, great work ethic and the ability to work to a high standard within a team. They may in some cases hold specific qualifications and associated certificates.
Key Responsibilities –
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Maintain and coordinate repairs of all fleet vehicles owned by Australia Zoo Group
- Maintaining Croc One by ensuring all marine requirements are met & available to meet the Zoo expectations.
- Fleet Management and general repairs (ie vehicles, trucks, buggies, quad, boats and trailers)
- Oversee plant and equipment management as required
- Supporting bus runs and coordinate pickups in conjunction with the Shuttles Department where required
- Manage schedule for vehicle servicing and follow process to ensure that all identified issues are rectified
- Undertake vehicle repairs and minor servicing as appropriate
- Coordinate maintenance and repairs for other mechanical equipment (i.e. mowers, chainsaws etc)
- Undertake and direct routine maintenance for all houses owned by Australia Zoo Group when applicable (i.e. cleaning gutters; termite inspection; general maintenance etc)
- Coordinate general up keep as required (i.e. painting; cleaning; replacement of old/poorly functioning fixtures)
- Bus runs as required
- Work collaboratively with other Australia Zoo departments and managers
- Other duties as directed by management
Essential Criteria –
This position requires:
- Available to work weekends, public holidays, and school holiday periods
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- This is a labour intensive position which requires a suitable level of fitness
- Ability to work well as a team and unsupervised
- Experience operating machinery, such as tractors or agricultural equipment
- Hold current driver’s licence and HR licence
- Problem solving skills
- High level of mechanical theoretical and practical knowledge
Preferred Criteria –
- Operators Authorisation/Drivers Authorisation/relevant passenger vehicle licences
- Operator accreditation
- Any other relevant certificates/licenses
- Current 1st Aid qualifications
- Divers authority
Apply for this job below. Applications close Thursday 29th of April 2021.
Here is a checklist of information you will need to have ready before you start to complete the employment application form:
- Education history
- Employment history
- Any qualifications you may have eg First Aid
- Any achievements you may like to tell us about
- Your availability (what hours can you work)
- A resume in .pdf or .doc format
- Any other info that may support your application