Food and Beverage Kitchen Hand - Full Time
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Kitchen Hand within the Food and Beverage department at Australia Zoo!
Australia Zoo is an equal opportunity employer, where we recognise the diversity of our workforce and community – be it on the basis of gender, age, race, sexual orientation, or religious belief. We provide specific workplace programs to support diversity and equal employment opportunities for women, people with disabilities and all cultural backgrounds.
At Australia Zoo, our Food and Beverage Kitchen Hands must be passionate about food, be able to work in a fast paced environment and have an energetic hard working personality! The successful candidate will demonstrate a high level of understanding of all relevant Workplace Health and Safety aspects, and have a demonstrated understanding of all Australia Zoo Missions and Goals.
Duties may include –
- Prepare food for services
- Cook food utilising various utensils provided
- Maintain a clean, organised and sanitised work space
- Ensure all food items are stored appropriately and in accordance to OHS regulations
- Follow recipe cards to achieve a consistent quality result
- Customer Service and POS System operation
Essential requirements –
- Food Handling experience
- 7 day availability
- Available to work weekends, public holidays and school holidays
- Responsible service of alcohol (QLD Certification)
- Strong communication and customer service skills
Preferred Criteria –
- Food preparation experience
- Relevant Certificates/Qualifications
- Sound understanding of WHS
Apply for this job below.
Here is a checklist of information you will need to have ready before you start to complete the employment application form:
- Education history
- Employment history
- Any qualifications you may have eg First Aid
- Any achievements you may like to tell us about
- your availability (what hours can you work)
- A resume in .pdf or .doc format
- Any other info that may support your application