Food and Beverage Supervisor – Full Time
An exciting opportunity has arisen for someone to join our Food and Beverage team in a Full Time capacity as a Supervisor!
Australia Zoo is an equal opportunity employer, where we recognise the diversity of our workforce and community – be it on the basis of gender, age, race, sexual orientation, or religious belief. We provide specific workplace programs to support diversity and equal employment opportunities for women, people with disabilities and all cultural backgrounds.
The food & beverage supervisor contributes to the achievement of the team by ensuring the smooth operations of all locations. This is done by communication to Department Management on status of all staff and the tasks assigned and liaising with the Duty Managers and the Operation Manager in relation to administration issues, including registers, equipment, and monitoring systems. Ensuring front counter and plant equipment is operational and safe and reporting and recording communications directly to the Duty Manager.
This role requires a high level of customer interaction, staff leadership, staff training and delegation. You will require good interpersonal and communication skills.
When meeting with customers, you will provide advice, recommend products, answer any questions a customer might have. You will be able to competently ring up sales and deal with POS transactions. You must be responsive and helpful to your customer needs, to not only meet their expectations but to exceed them, as well as encourage customers to purchase a greater range of products. You are required to oversee all staff in their sections and make sure they keep the section clean and presentable at all times.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated ability of integrity, honesty, flexibility, good energy levels and the ability to deal with fast paced and high pressure situations with ease. Mentoring and up-skilling staff is an important aspect of this role.
Essential Requirements –
- Strong management and leadership experience
- Ability to supervise, counsel and discipline staff
- Experience in recruiting, developing and training staff
- Friendly and engaging personality
- Comfortable working with members of the public
- Be able to work in a team environment
- Be helpful and polite to staff and guests
- Neat and tidy appearance
- Be able to receive constructive feedback in a positive manner
- Available to work weekends, public holidays, and school holiday periods
- Proof of Coronavirus Vaccination (unless otherwise exempt)
Preferred Criteria –
- Current First Aid and CPR Certificate
- Any associated licenses; training, workplace health and safety
- Current Manual Driver’s Licence
Apply for this job below. Applications close 1st of December 2021.
Here is a checklist of information you will need to have ready before you start to complete the employment application form:
- Education history
- Employment history
- Any qualifications you may have eg First Aid
- Any achievements you may like to tell us about
- Your availability (what hours can you work)
- A resume in .pdf or .doc format
- Any other info that may support your application