Food & Beverage Attendant - Holiday Casual
An exciting opportunity has arisen for anyone who is interested in working at Australia Zoo during the upcoming School Holiday period!
Here at Australia Zoo we want every experience to be the best it can be for our guests, that’s why we need enthusiastic staff who are passionate about providing excellent customer service.
Australia Zoo is an equal opportunity employer, where we recognise the diversity of our workforce and community – be it on the basis of gender, age, race, sexual orientation, or religious belief. We provide specific workplace programs to support diversity and equal employment opportunities for women, people with disabilities and all cultural backgrounds.
Australia Zoo caters for a wide variety of tastes with different dining options located around the Zoo. We are looking for enthusiastic hospitality staff to ensure our guests are getting the ultimate dining experience during the Holiday periods.
A successful applicant will have great attention to detail, a minimum of 30 hours availability per week and will show the ability to communicate effectively to a large customer base. The applicant will be required to work behind our food counters, topping up food, upselling items to patrons and assisting in our kitchen area.
Duties may include –
- Greeting and serving customers
- Cash handling and EFTPOS operations
- Cleaning of tables and collection of cutlery and dishes
- Stocking of fridges and cabinets
- Correct handling and serving of food and beverages
- Responsible for regular cleaning and the display of your designated station
- Kitchen duties
- Food preparation
- Other duties as requested by Senior Management, the HOD or Supervisors
Essential requirements –
- Food handling experience
- 7 day availability
- Available to work weekends, public holidays and school holidays
- Responsible Service of Alcohol (QLD Certification)
- Own transport to and from the Zoo
Preferred Criteria –
- Check-out operator experience
- Fast food cashier experience
- Food preparation experience
Hours will be dependent on operational requirements.
Apply for this job below. Applications close Friday 25th of June 2021.
Here is a checklist of information you will need to have ready before you start to complete the employment application form:
- Education history
- Employment history
- Any qualifications you may have eg First Aid
- Any achievements you may like to tell us about
- Your availability (what hours can you work)
- A resume in .pdf or .doc format
- Any other info that may support your application