Food and beverage Stock Hand – Casual
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Stock Hand to join the Food and Beverage department at Australia Zoo in a Casual Capacity!
Here at Australia Zoo we want every experience to be the best it can be for our guests, that’s why we need enthusiastic staff who are passionate about providing excellent customer service.
Australia Zoo is an equal opportunity employer, where we recognise the diversity of our workforce and community – be it on the basis of gender, age, race, sexual orientation, or religious belief. We provide specific workplace programs to support diversity and equal employment opportunities for women, people with disabilities and all cultural backgrounds.
Stock Hands contribute to the achievement of the Food and Beverage department by assisting in stock rotation, stock receiving, stock counts and sorting new stock on arrival in accordance with company procedures. They often assist within customer service roles and the kitchen area with duties such as food preparation, cooking of food and ensuring that all Australia Zoo processes are adhered to.
The successful candidate with have a demonstrated ability to perform well under pressure, have a great customer service focus and an understanding of Australia Zoo’s Missions and Goals.
Duties may include –
- General maintenance of food and beverage equipment
- General cleaning of offices and working stations
- Rubbish disposal of each food and beverage outlet
- Removal and rotation of stock from the delivery dock to the correct storage areas
- Stock rotation of all items; including dry stock, freezer stock, cold room stock and fresh produce
- Maintenance of stock trolleys
- Pre-operational checklists for operation of forklifts and other machinery
- Maintain excellent communication and guest relations
- Complete paperwork associated with stock delivery, stock counts and returns of items
- Ensure invoice/statements are correct upon item deliveries
- Other duties as requested by Senior Management, the HOD or Supervisors
Essential requirements –
- 7 day availability
- Available to work weekends, public holidays and school holidays
- Responsible Service of Alcohol (QLD Certification)
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Own transport to and from Australia Zoo
- Manual drivers licence
Preferred Criteria –
- Check-out operator experience
- Fast food cashier experience
- Forklift licence
- Certificate III in Logistics
- Food preparation experience
- Relevant Certificates/Qualifications
- Any WHS experience
Apply for this job below. Applications close 30th of July 2021.
Here is a checklist of information you will need to have ready before you start to complete the employment application form:
- Education history
- Employment history
- Any qualifications you may have eg First Aid
- Any achievements you may like to tell us about
- Your availability (what hours can you work)
- A resume in .pdf or .doc format
- Any other info that may support your application