General Assistant – Casual
An exciting opportunity has arisen for someone to join our Executive team in a Casual capacity as a General Assistant!
Australia Zoo is an equal opportunity employer, where we recognise the diversity of our workforce and community – be it on the basis of gender, age, race, sexual orientation, or religious belief. We provide specific workplace programs to support diversity and equal employment opportunities for women, people with disabilities and all cultural backgrounds.
Within the office environment, General Assistants are employed to ensure all enquiries via phone and email receive an excellent level of customer service and provide information within the Zoo in a friendly and welcoming manner. Duties may vary from assisting the Animal Planet Film Crew, supporting reception, completing administrative tasks and assisting the General Managers.
A successful candidate will have a demonstrated ability to work in a high performance environment with a capacity to deliver all requirements of the role, great work ethic and the ability to work to a high standard within a team.
At Australia Zoo, assistants continually work towards providing our guests with the best possible service. They do this with enthusiasm and motivation toward their individual learning and training.
Primary Duties –
- Check voicemails and coordinate information as required
- Organisation and management of schedules and calendars
- Providing up to date general information for all enquiries about Australia Zoo
- Answering all phone enquiries including screening of all calls and channelling them to the appropriate department
- Handling, recording and distributing messages from phone enquiries
- Recording of statistics on a daily basis
- Correctly replying to email enquiries and fan mail emails
- Coordinating information distribution throughout Australia Zoo Departments
- Applying correct methods of radio communication through the use of CB Radio and handheld Radio
- Preparing weekly reports
- Escorting media/film crews throughout the Zoo
- Use of computers, printers and software including Microsoft Word, Excel, outlook, Firefox, Google
- Facilitating communication between management and staff
- Maintaining the Lost & Found on-line register and storing of valuables for 3 months, non-valuables for 1 month. Arranging postage of items or collection for owners. Storage and disposal for items according to guidelines
- General maintenance and cleaning of the office areas, boardroom, Production office and staff kitchen areas
- Assisting the General Managers and the Executive Assistant to the General Managers and completing tasks as instructed
- Keeping up to date with the latest Zoo and animal information to pass onto enquiries
- Assisting with other duties as directed by Senior Management
- Assisting with crowd control
Essential Criteria –
- 7 day a week availability, including weekends, public holidays and school holidays
- Applicants must be enthusiastic, mature minded, confident, well-presented and able to demonstrate a high level of work-ethic and initiative
- Great Interpersonal Communication skills and customer service
- Well-developed organisational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks at a time
- Proof of Coronavirus vaccination (unless otherwise exempt)
Preferred Criteria –
- Current First Aid and CPR Certificate
- Any associated licenses; training, workplace health and safety,
- Current Manual Driver’s Licence
- Experience in a similar role
Apply for this job below. Applications close 18th of January 2022.
Here is a checklist of information you will need to have ready before you start to complete the employment application form:
- Education history
- Employment history
- Any qualifications you may have eg First Aid
- Any achievements you may like to tell us about
- your availability (what hours can you work)
- A resume in .pdf or .doc format
- Any other info that may support your application