General Labourer - Full Time
Department: Building Services
Australia Zoo has an exciting opportunity available for an experienced General Labourer within the Building Services Department!
Australia Zoo is an equal opportunity employer, where we recognise the diversity of our workforce and community – be it on the basis of gender, age, race, sexual orientation, or religious belief. We provide specific workplace programs to support diversity and equal employment opportunities for women, people with disabilities and all cultural backgrounds.
With over 500 acres of land and buildings, our dedicated Building Services department and Australia Zoo is primarily responsible for the maintenance of municipal residences and buildings, along with the construction of new enclosures, displays and structures. Labourers at Australia Zoo report directly to the Building Services Manager and work alongside an experience construction crew.
A successful applicant will have a demonstrated ability to work in a high performance environment, with a capacity to deliver all requirements of the role, great work ethic and the ability to work to a high standard within a team.
Essential Criteria –
- Available to work weekends, public holidays, and school holiday periods
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- This is a labour intensive position which requires a suitable level of fitness
- Must hold a current construction “White Card”
- Ability to work well as a team and unsupervised
- Previous maintenance/ labouring experience
- Experience operating tools and equipment related to position
- Hold current Driver’s Licence (manual)
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Well-developed organisational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks
- A high level of interpersonal skills and the ability to negotiate and communicate effectively with staff at all levels
Preferred Criteria –
- Current 1st Aid qualifications
- Any other relevant tickets/licenses
Apply for this job below. Applications close 1st of November 2020.
Here is a checklist of information you will need to have ready before you start to complete the employment application form:
- Education history
- Employment history
- Any qualifications you may have eg First Aid
- Any achievements you may like to tell us about
- your availability (what hours can you work)
- A resume in .pdf or .doc format
- Any other info that may support your application