Guest Experience Attendant Advertisement – Full Time
Australia Zoo has an exciting opportunity available for a Guest Experience Attendant within Australia Zoo!
Australia Zoo is an equal opportunity employer, where we recognise the diversity of our workforce and community – be it on the basis of gender, age, race, sexual orientation, or religious belief. We provide specific workplace programs to support diversity and equal employment opportunities for women, people with disabilities and all cultural backgrounds.
Guest Experience Assistants must be responsive and helpful to the customer’s needs, to not only meet their expectations but to exceed them. Guest Experience assistants need to be organised, practical and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. The ability to foresee and evaluate potential problems, and deal with the unexpected in a calm and efficient manner, is essential. You must also possess good office skills, a polite and helpful telephone manner, be able to demonstrate keen attention to detail and show a willingness to learn.
Guest Experience Assistants are required to operate a range of digital cameras to produce high quality images that meets Australia Zoo standards. This position requires awareness of different software programs (e.g. Photoshop) and workflow systems to process and print photos. An understanding of Digital Communications is required.
A successful candidate will have excellent organisational, oral and written communication and inter-personal skills, combined with an eye for detail. They will have the ability to deliver within set timeframes and work within a small team.
Primary Duties –
- Provide general information for any enquiries about the Zoo
- Provide tourism information to patrons
- Information Desk attendance/operation
- Conduct all types of tours offered
- Engage with customers whilst promoting Australia Zoo’s missions and goals
- Keep up to date with the latest zoo and animal information to pass on to tour patrons to encourage revisit
- Up-selling encounters, photos and conservation whilst taking tours
- Operation of computerised register
- Processing of animal encounters
- Cash handling/EFTPOS transactions
- Prepare for opening – stocking brochures, putting away buggies and preparing animal encounter for the next day
- Answering phones (parking, holding; transferring calls)
- Operations of radios
- Assist with Information Desk duties – patron enquiries, booking animal experiences, and answering the phone
- Knowledge of Departments photography commitments (Studio Times; Encounters times, Lab operations, etc).
- Camera operation and settings within sections and roles of our photographers (i.e. Studio; Encounters; Roving;
- Animal Encounters and Events)
- Photo development to meet patrons and internal departments Print Requests.
- General maintenance and cleaning of department equipment.
- Knowledge of “Fujifilm” and “Nikon” equipment.
- Welcome and acknowledge customers who enter Photography sections
- Provided guests with relevant information on goods and products they are looking for.
- Accurate use of point-of-sale processes including register operation, receiving and processing cash or credit or other
- payments tenders
- Accurately provide change and receipts to customers
- Ability to bag or package purchases made by customers
- Numeracy skills with regard to counting money sorting change and balancing cash registers at end of shift
- Stock shelves and fold photo folders to ensure accurate level of stock is maintained in all Photography sections.
- Ascertained the customer’s needs and wants by utilizing high customer service skills.
- Ability to accurately describe the product/ service features and benefits (strong product knowledge)
- Report discrepancies and problems to the supervisor.
- Keep up to date with special promotions and Photography offers that have been communicated to customers.
- Downloading, transferring and archiving procedures
- Full competency on Level One, Two and Three animal encounters
Essential Criteria –
- Experience in general Retail/Photography Operations
- Exceptional verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Well-developed organisational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks
- Personable and approachable with excellent customer service skills
- Commitment to privacy and confidentiality
- Have a friendly confident and engaging personality.
- Comfortable working with members of the public.
- Available to work weekends, public holidays, and school holiday periods
- Proof of coronavirus vaccination (unless otherwise exempt)
Preferred Criteria –
- Certificate or qualifications relevant to Photography, Customer Service or Tourism
- Any other relevant certificates involving Leadership, Training
- Current 1st Aid qualifications
- Hold current Driver’s Licence
Apply for this job below.
Here is a checklist of information you will need to have ready before you start to complete the employment application form:
- Education history
- Employment history
- Any qualifications you may have eg First Aid
- Any achievements you may like to tell us about
- your availability (what hours can you work)
- A resume in .pdf or .doc format
- Any other info that may support your application