Guest Experience Attendant - Casual
Australia Zoo has an exciting opportunity available for a Guest Experience Attendant within Australia Zoo!
Australia Zoo is an equal opportunity employer, where we recognise the diversity of our workforce and community – be it on the basis of gender, age, race, sexual orientation, or religious belief. We provide specific workplace programs to support diversity and equal employment opportunities for women, people with disabilities and all cultural backgrounds.
Guest Experience Assistants must be responsive and helpful to the customer’s needs, to not only meet their expectations but to exceed them. Guest Experience assistants need to be organised, practical and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. The ability to foresee and evaluate potential problems, and deal with the unexpected in a calm and efficient manner, is essential. You must also possess good office skills, a polite and helpful telephone manner, be able to demonstrate keen attention to detail and show a willingness to learn.
Guest Experience Assistants are required to operate a range of digital cameras to produce high quality images that meets Australia Zoo standards. This position requires awareness of different software programs (e.g. Photoshop) and workflow systems to process and print photos. An understanding of Digital Communications is required.
A successful candidate will have excellent organisational, oral and written communication and inter-personal skills, combined with an eye for detail. They will have the ability to deliver within set timeframes and work within a small team.
Essential Criteria –
- Experience in general Retail/Photography Operations
- Exceptional verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Well-developed organisational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks
- Personable and approachable with excellent customer service skills
- Commitment to privacy and confidentiality
- Have a friendly confident and engaging personality
- Comfortable working with members of the public
- Available to work weekends, public holidays, and school holiday periods
Preferred Criteria –
- Certificate or qualifications relevant to Photography, Customer Service or Tourism
- Any other relevant certificates involving Leadership, Training
- Current 1st Aid qualifications
- Hold current drivers licence
Apply for this job below. Applications close 6th of August 2021.
Here is a checklist of information you will need to have ready before you start to complete the employment application form:
- Education history
- Employment history
- Any qualifications you may have eg First Aid
- Any achievements you may like to tell us about
- Your availability (what hours can you work)
- A resume in .pdf or .doc format
- Any other info that may support your application