Guest Service Agent – Full Time
– The Crocodile Hunter Lodge
An exciting opportunity has arisen for someone to join the Crocodile Hunter Lodge team as the ‘Guest Service Agent’!
Australia Zoo is an equal opportunity employer, where we recognise the diversity of our workforce and community – be it on the basis of gender, age, race, sexual orientation, or religious belief. We provide specific workplace programs to support diversity and equal employment opportunities for women, people with disabilities and all cultural backgrounds.
The Crocodile Hunter Lodge has been designed to reconnect guests with nature, and is home to beautiful native wildlife, with black cockatoos and kangaroos visiting most days. The Lodge will overlook a state-of-the-art home for our resident emus, kangaroos and koalas.
Lodge Guest Service Agents are responsible for creating a positive and memorable guest experience from the moment they walk through the door. You will be the first point of contact for guests arriving at the Crocodile Hunter Lodge and will be available for them throughout the duration of their stay.
We are looking for reliable, enthusiastic people who love the outdoors and Australian Wildlife. This position offers you the opportunity to work in a truly unique location and in an exceptional team environment.
Duties Include –
- Welcoming guests upon arrival and assisting guests throughout their stay.
- Handling all guest requests and inquiries appropriately and with professionalism.
- Creating and modifying guest reservations.
- Provide helpful information for all aspects of the Crocodile Hunter Lodge and Australia Zoo.
- Promoting Australia Zoo products and experiences.
- Answering incoming telephone calls and email inquiries.
- Daily liaison with inter-departments such as food & beverage, housekeeping, Information desk, Admission and Security.
- Assist in retail shop sales.
- Report maintenance and safety issues in a timely manner.
- Ensuring all WHS policies and procedures are followed.
Essential Criteria –
- A friendly, customer focused attitude with the drive to provide total guest satisfaction ensuring that interactions with our guests are positive and memorable
- Excellent communication skills and a high standard of grooming and presentation
- Proven experience working within a small team or autonomously and have the ability to work unsupervised
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to interact effectively with all guests
- Willingness to use initiative and strong problem solving skills
- The availability to work on a 7 day rotating roster including weekends and Public Holidays with morning, afternoon and night shifts
- Current First Aid qualification
- Hold current Driver’s Licence
Preferred Criteria –
- Experience in a 4 or 5 star hotel establishment.
- Experience in Opera PMS, or similar room management software
- LR licence and Drivers Authority or the ability to obtain these credentials
- Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA)
Apply for this job below.
Here is a checklist of information you will need to have ready before you start to complete the employment application form:
- Education history
- Employment history
- Any qualifications you may have e.g. First Aid
- Any achievements you may like to tell us about
- Your availability (what hours can you work)
- A resume in .pdf or .doc format
- Any other info that may support your application