Holiday Casual – Christmas Holidays
An exciting opportunity has become available for someone to join our team as a School Holiday Casual! We are currently on the lookout for Food and Beverage Attendants, Cleaners, and Customer Service Staff to join the team!
Australia Zoo is an equal opportunity employer, where we recognise the diversity of our workforce and community – be it on the basis of gender, age, race, sexual orientation, or religious belief. We provide specific workplace programs to support diversity and equal employment opportunities for women, people with disabilities and all cultural backgrounds.
Under the direction of the Heads of Departments, the successful candidate for this role will assist with delivering great customer service to each of our guests that visit us. Holiday Casuals are responsible for ensuring Australia Zoo’s missions and goals are communicated throughout every interaction that our guest have with our staff.
The successful applicant will have a demonstrated ability to work in a deadline-driven, high-performance environment, with a capacity to deliver all customer service expectations, sales, & perform duties to a high standard.
Experience in the industry is not essential, but a willingness to learn is!
Successful candidates must be available for shifts between Saturday 9th December 2023 and Sunday 21st January 2024. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted via email and invited to attend Group Interviews in the leadup to the School Holiday period
Key Responsibilities –
- Demonstration and delivery of a strong and comprehensive understanding of all Australia Zoo Missions and Goals.
- Admissions duties; including: Cash Handling, Organisation, Point of Sale Processing and Crowd Control duties.
- Guest Experience duties; including: Information gathering and delivery, communication to guests, photography and tours.
- Retail duties; including: Cash Handling, Point of Sale Processing, Crowd Control, Restocking/replenishing of stock and stocktake.
- Food and Beverage duties; including Cash Handling, Organisation, Point of Sale processing, Crowd Control duties, Service of Food and Beverage and preparation of food.
- Cleaning duties; a demonstrated ability to take responsibility for an area, including mopping, cleaning, sweeping and sanitizing.
- Delivery of great customer service throughout all aspects of customer interaction.
Essential Criteria –
- A demonstrated ability to contribute to a positive environment, and assist in creating a welcoming atmosphere for all Australia Zoo guests.
- Full availability, including: weekends, public holidays and school holidays.
- A positive approach to learning.
- A demonstrated understanding of Australia Zoo’s Policies and Procedures.
Preferred Criteria –
- Current 1st Aid qualifications.
- Experience in a similar role.
- Manual driver’s licence.
Apply for this job below.
Here is a checklist of information you will need to have ready before you start to complete the employment application form:
- Education history
- Employment history
- Any qualifications you may have e.g. First Aid
- Any achievements you may like to tell us about
- Your availability (what hours can you work)
- A resume in .pdf or .doc format
- Any other info that may support your application