Holiday Casual - Casual
An exciting opportunity has become available for someone to join our team as a School Holiday Casual! We are currently on the lookout for skilled Food and Beverage Attendants, Cleaners, Customer Service Staff and Education Officers to join the team!
Australia Zoo is an equal opportunity employer, where we recognise the diversity of our workforce and community – be it on the basis of gender, age, race, sexual orientation, or religious belief. We provide specific workplace programs to support diversity and equal employment opportunities for women, people with disabilities and all cultural backgrounds.
Under the direction of the Heads of Departments, the successful candidate for this role will assist with delivering great customer service to each of our guests that visit us. Holiday Casuals are responsible for ensuring Australia Zoo’s missions and goals are communicated throughout every interaction that our guest have with our staff.
The successful applicant will have a demonstrated ability to work in a deadline-driven, high performance environment, with a capacity to deliver all customer service expectations, sales, & perform duties to a high standard.
Primary Duties –
- Demonstration and delivery of a strong and comprehensive understanding of all Australia Zoo Missions and Goals
- Admissions duties; including: Cash Handling, Organisation, Point of Sale Processing and Crowd Control duties
- Guest Experience duties; including: Information gathering and delivery, communication to guests, photography and tours
- Retail duties; including: Cash Handling, Point of Sale Processing, Crowd Control, Restocking/replenishing of stock and stocktake
- Food and Beverage duties; including: Cash Handling, Organisation, Point of Sale processing, Crown Control duties, Service of Food and Beverage and preparation of food.
- A demonstrated ability to take responsibility for an area, including mopping, cleaning, sweeping and sanitizing
- Delivery of great customer service throughout all aspects of customer interaction
Essential Criteria –
- A demonstrated ability to contribute to a positive environment, and assist in creating a welcoming atmosphere for all Australia Zoo guests
- Full availability, including: weekends, public holidays and school holidays
- A positive approach to learning
- A demonstrated understanding of Australia Zoo’s Policies and Procedures
- Proof of Coronavirus Vaccination (unless otherwise exempt)
Preferred Criteria –
- Current 1st Aid qualifications
- Workplace training & assessing qualifications
- Experience in a similar role
- Manual driver’s licence
Apply for this job below. Applications close 30th of June 2022.
Here is a checklist of information you will need to have ready before you start to complete the employment application form:
- Education history
- Employment history
- Any qualifications you may have eg First Aid
- Any achievements you may like to tell us about
- Your availability (what hours can you work)
- A resume in .pdf or .doc format
- Any other info that may support your application