Housekeeper – Full Time
– The Crocodile Hunter Lodge
An exciting opportunity has arisen for someone to join the Crocodile Hunter Lodge team as the ‘Housekeeper’!
Australia Zoo is an equal opportunity employer, where we recognise the diversity of our workforce and community – be it on the basis of gender, age, race, sexual orientation, or religious belief. We provide specific workplace programs to support diversity and equal employment opportunities for women, people with disabilities and all cultural backgrounds.
The Crocodile Hunter Lodge has been designed to reconnect guests with nature, and is home to beautiful native wildlife, with black cockatoos and kangaroos visiting most days. The Lodge will overlook a state-of-the-art home for our resident emus, kangaroos and koalas.
Housekeepers are instrumental to the success of the Crocodile Hunter Lodge. They will provide a world class experience to guests through their attention to detail and willingness to exceed guest expectations.
We are looking for reliable, enthusiastic people who love the outdoors and Australian Wildlife. This position offers you the opportunity to work in a truly unique location and in an exceptional team environment.
Duties Include –
- Cleaning and servicing guest cabins; including bedrooms, bathrooms, kitchens and floors.
- Cleaning reception and restaurant areas to maintain the Crocodile Hunter Lodge’s high standards.
- Ensuring all cabins are fully stocked with guest amenities.
- Ensuring towels and linen are refilled, replaced and stored correctly.
- Report maintenance and safety issues in a timely manner.
- Report any lost property following correct lodge procedures.
- Ensuring all housekeeping equipment is maintained, used and stored correctly.
- Using appropriate chemicals for cleaning purposes and ensuring safe work practices are followed.
- Ensuring all WHS policies and procedures are followed.
- Maintain excellent communication and guest relations.
Essential Criteria –
- Previous housekeeping experience in a 4 or 5 star establishment
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- A friendly, customer focused attitude with the drive to provide customer satisfaction
- A good eye for detail, a willingness to use initiative and strong problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills & a high standard of grooming and presentation
- Strong availability including weekends, public holidays and school holidays)
- Be proactive and have proven experience working within a small team or autonomously and have the ability to work unsupervised
- Previous experience in the use of chemicals and cleaning equipment
- Have knowledge and understanding of basic hygiene requirements and safe working procedures
- Hold current Driver’s Licence
- Available to work weekends, public holidays, and school holiday periods
Preferred Criteria –
- Relevant Certificates/Qualifications for this role
- Any relevant WHS experience
- Current Advanced 1st Aid Qualifications
Apply for this job below.
Here is a checklist of information you will need to have ready before you start to complete the employment application form:
- Education history
- Employment history
- Any qualifications you may have e.g. First Aid
- Any achievements you may like to tell us about
- Your availability (what hours can you work)
- A resume in .pdf or .doc format
- Any other info that may support your application