HR Coordinator– Full Time
Australia Zoo Wildlife Warriors
An exciting opportunity has arisen for someone to join our Human Resources team in a Full Time Capacity as a HR Coordinator!
Australia Zoo is an equal opportunity employer, where we recognise the diversity of our workforce and community – be it on the basis of gender, age, race, sexual orientation, or religious belief. We provide specific workplace programs to support diversity and equal employment opportunities for women, people with disabilities and all cultural backgrounds.
The HR Coordinator role is multifaceted with the exciting opportunity to work across both Australia Zoo Groups offering support and assisting with the development of all employees.
Reporting to the HR Manager, this role will have days allocated to providing general HR support to the Australia Zoo Wildlife Hospital, as well as conducting regular training sessions across both organisations.
Whilst this role reports directly to the HR Manager, this role offers a high level of autonomy regularly liaising with the Senior Management team. Confidence speaking in front of large groups is required to conduct staff training sessions.
A successful candidate will have a demonstrated ability to work in a high performance environment with a capacity to deliver all requirements of the role, great work ethic and the ability to work to a high standard within a team.
Duties may Include –
- Coordinate recruitment and inductions for the Australia Zoo Wildlife Hospital (AZWH) and Australia Zoo Wildlife Warriors (AZWW)
- Attend regular AZWH meetings and identify areas of HR support required (training, staffing)
- Plan for employee’s performance appraisal; develop tools for appraisal, job evaluation and development
- Liaise with the HR Manager to ensure the Policies and Procedures are up to date and reviewed regularly
- Ensure compliance and follow up on any behaviours not consistent with Policy or Procedure
- Assist Chief of Staff with employee development, needs assessment, and training
- Liaise with the HR Manager in relation to employee welfare, wellness and health
- Assist the Chief of Staff and in liaison with the HR Manager with employee disciplinary action and counselling processes
- Liaise with the Chief of staff, and the HR Manager in regards to employee motivation, culture and attitude development
- Monitor, measure and report on HR issues, opportunities and development plans
- Provide suitable employment legislation interpretation to directors, managers and staff within the organisation
- Plan and direct for training of employee including senior managers, and analysing training needs to design employee development, language training and health and safety programs
- Perform difficult staffing duties, including dealing with understaffing, refereeing disputes, firing employees, and administering disciplinary procedures
- Advise managers on organisational policy matters such as equal employment opportunity and sexual harassment, and recommend needed changes
- Serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering contracts and helping resolve work-related problems
- Maintain records and compile statistical reports concerning personnel-related data such as hires, transfers, performance appraisals, and absenteeism rates
- Analyse statistical data and reports to identify and determine causes of personnel problems and develop recommendations for improvement of organisation’s personnel policies and practices
- Conduct exit interviews to identify reasons for employee termination
- Investigate and report on industrial accidents
- Represent organisation at personnel-related hearings and investigations
- Compile HR statistical reports (weekly, monthly, yearly or random) as requested by Senior Management
- General WHS reporting
Essential Criteria –
- Knowledge and experience in all areas of HR – employment law, compensation, organisational planning, recruitment, organisation development, employee relations, safety, employee engagement, and employee development.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop HR department staff members.
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a knowledgeable resource to the management team assisting to provide company leadership and direction.
- Qualification in Human Resource Management /Business Management or similar
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite (including Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint etc)
- Excellent organisational & time management skills
- Ability to deal with people – having maturity, integrity, compassion and empathy
- Hold current driver’s licence
- Available to work weekends, public holidays, and school holiday periods
- Public speaking
Preferred Criteria –
- Any other relevant certificates involving Leadership, Training, WHS, Counselling, Injury Management
- Qualification in Human Resource Management/Business Management or similar
- Experience in a similar role
- Current Advanced 1st Aid qualifications
- Drug & Alcohol Testing Accreditation
- Workplace Rehab and Return to work experience
- Training Assessor qualification
Apply for this job below. Applications close Friday 25th of June 2021.
Here is a checklist of information you will need to have ready before you start to complete the employment application form:
- Education history
- Employment history
- Any qualifications you may have eg First Aid
- Any achievements you may like to tell us about
- Your availability (what hours can you work)
- A resume in .pdf or .doc format
- Any other info that may support your application