Lodge Operations Assistant - Casual
Crocodile Hunter Lodge
An exciting opportunity has arisen for someone to join the Crocodile Hunter Lodge team as the ‘Lodge Operations Assistant’!
Australia Zoo is an equal opportunity employer, where we recognise the diversity of our workforce and community – be it on the basis of gender, age, race, sexual orientation, or religious belief. We provide specific workplace programs to support diversity and equal employment opportunities for women, people with disabilities and all cultural backgrounds.
The Crocodile Hunter Lodge has been designed to reconnect guests with nature, and is home to beautiful native wildlife, with black cockatoos and kangaroos visiting most days. The Lodge will overlook a state-of-the-art home for our resident emus, kangaroos and koalas.
As a Lodge Operations Assistant, your contribution to the team will be the integral link to the overall guest experience at the Crocodile Hunter Lodge. You will be involved in all aspects of customer service, including shuttle bus driving, guest check-in or check-out, and general assistance of guests.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated ability to problem solve, think on their feet and have great initiative. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated passion for service, creativity and will deliver a world-class experience to all guests.
- Providing and maintaining the highest level of customer service standards at all times
- Welcoming guests upon arrival and assisting guests throughout their stay.
- Assisting with guest enquiries and information requests for guests
- Guest shuttle bus transfers to and from Australia Zoo when applicable
- General cabin maintenance duties
- General pool area maintenance to ensure the area is appropriately up kept for our guests
- Assisting guests with luggage transport
- Provide helpful information about all aspects of Australia Zoo and the Crocodile Hunter Lodge
- Promoting Australia Zoo products and experiences wherever applicable
- Daily liaison with inter-departments such as the Warrior Restaurant, Housekeeping, Information desk, Admissions and Security
- Report and resolve maintenance and safety issues in a timely manner
- Ensuring all WHS policies and procedures are followed
- A friendly, customer focused attitude with the drive to provide total guest satisfaction
- Excellent communication skills and a high standard of grooming and presentation
- Proven experience working within a small team or autonomously and have the ability to work unsupervised
- Experience in a hotel establishment
- Current Queensland LR licence and Drivers Authority or the willingness to obtain these credentials
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to use initiative and strong problem solving skills
- The availability to work on a 7 day rotating roster including weekends and Public Holidays with morning or afternoon.
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination, unless otherwise exempt
- Advanced First Aid
- Experience in a maintenance or trade role
- Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA)
- Other relevant certificates; such as WHS
Apply for this job below. Projected start date for this position: June 2022.
Here is a checklist of information you will need to have ready before you start to complete the employment application form:
- Education history
- Employment history
- Any qualifications you may have eg First Aid
- Any achievements you may like to tell us about
- your availability (what hours can you work)
- A resume in .pdf or .doc format
- Any other info that may support your application