Marketing and Events Assistant – Full Time
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Marketing and Events Assistant who is interested in working at Australia Zoo!
Australia Zoo is an equal opportunity employer, where we recognise the diversity of our workforce and community – be it on the basis of gender, age, race, sexual orientation, or religious belief. We provide specific workplace programs to support diversity and equal employment opportunities for women, people with disabilities and all cultural backgrounds.
This position is responsible for the co-ordination and planning of weddings and events at Australia Zoo, alongside the Wedding and Events Executive. This position is also responsible for supporting marketing functions including the Adopt-An-Animal program and co-ordinating group sales events where required.
A successful applicant must be, enthusiastic, mature-minded, confident, well-presented and able to demonstrate a high level of work-ethic and initiative. Customer Service skills are also a must.
Duties Include –
- Enquiry management and response
- Wedding proposal creation and quotation
- Australia Zoo liaison with wedding party and any external suppliers.
- Event co-ordination inclusive of food & beverage management, run sheet and event order of proceedings, event/supplier bump-in & bump-out.
- Deposit and final billing reconciliation and invoicing
- Liaising with marriage proposal enquiries and creating personalised quotes, bookings, run sheets
- Liaising with cake smash photoshoot enquiries and creating personalised quotes, bookings, run sheets
- Project management assistance of all Australia Zoo events
- Assistance with Wildlife Warrior events
- Strategy development and close ongoing liaison with the Sales Team, Advertising & Marketing
- Development of marketing / sales material – including digital – in conjunction with Advertising & Digital Manager
- Organise and co-ordinate team assisting with weddings, special events and Zoo events
- Manage Adopt-an-Animal and Annual Pass programs
Essential Criteria –
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Conceptual thinker with superior problem solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Highly organised, efficient and effective under pressure
- Availability including weekends, public holidays and school holidays
- Proof of Coronavirus Vaccination (unless otherwise exempt)
Preferred Criteria –
- Relevant Certificates/Qualifications relevant to the role
- Any relevant WHS experience
- Manual drivers licence
Apply for this job below. Applications close 10th of December 2021.
Here is a checklist of information you will need to have ready before you start to complete the employment application form:
- Education history
- Employment history
- Any qualifications you may have eg First Aid
- Any achievements you may like to tell us about
- your availability (what hours can you work)
- A resume in .pdf or .doc format
- Any other info that may support your application