Plumbing Labourer – Full Time
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Plumbing Labourer to join our Australia Zoo team!
Australia Zoo is an equal opportunity employer, where we recognise the diversity of our workforce and community – be it on the basis of gender, age, race, sexual orientation, or religious belief. We provide specific workplace programs to support diversity and equal employment opportunities for women, people with disabilities and all cultural backgrounds.
The Plumbing Labourer must have experience in General Labouring in order to ensure projects they are assigned are effectively and efficiently executed.
This position is relied upon to perform a variety of routine tasks associated with erecting and repeating structures and facilities, maintaining stormwater, draining and sewerage systems, excavating earth, cleaning and levelling sites along with initials and project finishing.
The plumbing Labourer provides additional support to the General Construction and Maintenance team, to assist them whilst larger projects are taking place within the Zoo.
This role does not require a trade qualified Plumber, however a want to develop professionally and assist within a dedicated and passionate team is essential.
Primary Duties –
- Assist with project Install, repair, and maintenance including: pipes, valves, fittings, drainage systems, and fixtures in commercial and residential structures.
- Collaborate with general contractors, electricians, and other construction professionals on projects and assist the Plumber wherever required.
- Follow building plans and blueprints to ensure accurate work is being completed.
- Respond to, diagnose, and resolve plumbing emergencies alongside the Plumber.
- Assist the Plumber with performing routine inspections of plumbing and drainage systems.
- Assist the wider Construction team by providing support with light construction, carpentry, painting, plastering, flooring, ceiling and electrical work as required.
- Prepare bids, budgets, and cost estimates in collaboration with the Plumber to provide recommendations to the Senior Management team.
- Keep accurate records of time spent working, description of work performed and materials used.
- Assist with troubleshooting and provide accurate resolutions to the team.
- Assist with project and maintenance preparation; including loading the vehicle, packing equipment and supplied, conducting checks and ensuring all workplace health and safety objectives are met.
- Operate in a safe and productive manner at all times.
Essential Criteria –
- White Card
- Skilled in the use of hand and power tools used in the plumbing trade.
- Knowledge of building codes, safety regulations, and safety practices.
- Ability to read and follow blueprints and rough drawings.
- Familiarity with PVC, CPVC, PEX, cast iron, and copper.
- Effective oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to complete projects unsupervised and unassisted.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Proficiency in basic mathematics and conversion of measurements.
- Manual Driver’s License.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a similar role.
Preferred Criteria –
- Current Advanced 1st Aid Qualifications.
Apply for this job below.
Here is a checklist of information you will need to have ready before you start to complete the employment application form:
- Education history
- Employment history
- Any qualifications you may have e.g. First Aid
- Any achievements you may like to tell us about
- Your availability (what hours can you work)
- A resume in .pdf or .doc format
- Any other info that may support your application