Receptionist – Casual
Australia Zoo Wildlife Warriors has an exciting opportunity available for an experienced Receptionist to join the team in a Casual capacity. This role will be based within the Australia Zoo Wildlife Hospital, and will act as the primary support to the department’s Office Manager.
Australia Zoo Wildlife Warriors is an equal opportunity employer, where we recognise the diversity of our workforce and community – be it on the basis of gender, age, race, sexual orientation, or religious belief. We provide specific workplace programs to support diversity and equal employment opportunities for women, people with disabilities and all cultural backgrounds.
Within the office of the Australia Zoo Wildlife Hospital, you will be a part of a dedicated team of vets, nurses, keepers and administrators working to rescue, repair, rehabilitate and release sick, injured, orphaned or displaced native wildlife and contribute to research that supports conservation of Australian native fauna.
The Australia Zoo Wildlife Hospital operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and is dedicated to the highest standard of animal welfare possible, therefore this position will include a wide variety of daily tasks and also varying shifts. Compassion and a commitment to conservation and patient care are an important part of this role.
The Reception team is responsible for assisting the Office Manager with data entry, filing and general customer service. This position requires a high level of compassion and dedication toward animal welfare and wildlife conservation.
- Monitor the phones and answer all wildlife enquiries with great customer service and professionalism
- Providing general telephone advice on wildlife to members of the public
- Assist with liaising with local and interstate wildlife rehabilitators and zoo keepers
- Assist with monitoring internal communication channels for animal emergencies and liaise with local QLD wildlife carers and groups for placement of rescue animals when required
- Assist with scheduling consultations for wildlife rehabilitators and zoo keepers alongside on duty veterinarians
- Assist with admitting emergency patients liaising with Triage Nurse on admittance
- Assist with customer counter sales at the Wildlife Warriors Sneak Peak area
- Assist with cash reconciliations when required
- Assist with entering and updating Wildlife Accession data entry
- Compose monthly reports for animals progress to share with appropriate stakeholders
- Assist with scanning and filing records
- Greet & assist members of the public, contractors & zoo staff at reception
- Assist with updating suburbs in the accession database to support reports and mapping
- Updating wildlife carer permits and status in the accession database
Essential Criteria –
- Minimum 2 years Office & Administration experience
- Hold current Driver’s Licence and own transport
- Excellent computer skills, including a high degree of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, & Outlook
- Demonstrated ability to provide a high level of customer service
- Great communication skills, and the ability to display compassion
- Proof of Coronavirus Vaccination (unless otherwise exempt)
Preferred Criteria –
- Any other relevant certificates involving Business/Office, Customer Service, Leadership, Training, WHS, 1st aid etc
- Experience with handling wildlife
Apply for this job below. Applications close 18th of January 2022.
Here is a checklist of information you will need to have ready before you start to complete the employment application form:
- Education history
- Employment history
- Any qualifications you may have eg First Aid
- Any achievements you may like to tell us about
- your availability (what hours can you work)
- A resume in .pdf or .doc format
- Any other info that may support your application