Restaurant Supervisor - Full Time
Crocodile Hunter Lodge
An exciting opportunity has arisen for someone to join the Crocodile Hunter Lodge team as the ‘Restaurant Supervisor’
Australia Zoo is an equal opportunity employer, where we recognise the diversity of our workforce and community – be it on the basis of gender, age, race, sexual orientation, or religious belief. We provide specific workplace programs to support diversity and equal employment opportunities for women, people with disabilities and all cultural backgrounds.
The Crocodile Hunter Lodge has been designed to reconnect guests with nature, and is home to beautiful native wildlife, with black cockatoos and kangaroos visiting most days. The Warrior restaurant will overlook a state-of-the-art home for our resident emus, kangaroos and koalas.
The Restaurant Supervisor will coordinate and train all Food and Beverage Attendants assigned to a designated space. They ensure a high standard of customer service is met, and have a great understanding of all fine dining techniques of service. This customer facing role will have a high level of expectation to ensure that guests have a seamless and polished experience.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated ability to problem solve, work collaboratively within a team and provide excellent standards of customer service. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated ability to lead, a passion for service and will deliver a world-class experience to our guests each time they visit.
- Supervision, training and coordination of food and beverage employees
- Liaise with managers to coordinate activities with other establishment sections
- Thorough knowledge of food and wine
- Organising the cleaning bar areas, glasses and equipment
- Preparing and mixing a range of sophisticated drinks
- Taking reservations, greeting and seating guests
- Maintain stock control
- Maintaining appropriate workplace health and safety procedures
- Communicate effectively with customers and fellow staff
- Monitoring staff rosters, performance and resolving any grievances
- Respond to customer requests in a professional and timely manner
- Promote the employer’s services and facilities to the customers when appropriate
- Assist in maintaining customer services standards set by the employer
- Ensure that work area complies with the highest standards of cleanliness
- Ensure that customers are served in a professional and diligent manner
- Other incidental and peripheral duties as requested by the employer
- Experience in a similar role within a fine dining establishment
- Experience within a Supervisor/Team Leader position
- Ability to work in high pressure situations
- Full availability, including weekends, evenings, public holidays and school holidays
- Proof of Coronavirus Vaccination, unless otherwise exempt
- Advanced First Aid Qualification
- Other relevant certificates for the hospitality industry
Apply for this job below. Projected start date for this position: June 2022.
Here is a checklist of information you will need to have ready before you start to complete the employment application form:
- Education history
- Employment history
- Any qualifications you may have eg First Aid
- Any achievements you may like to tell us about
- your availability (what hours can you work)
- A resume in .pdf or .doc format
- Any other info that may support your application