Retail 2IC Fixed Term – Full Time
An exciting and unique opportunity has arisen for someone to join our team in a Full Time Fixed Term Capacity as the Retail 2IC for 12 months!
Australia Zoo is an equal opportunity employer, where we recognise the diversity of our workforce and community – be it on the basis of gender, age, race, sexual orientation, or religious belief. We provide specific workplace programs to support diversity and equal employment opportunities for women, people with disabilities and all cultural backgrounds.
The 2IC role plays an integral part in the daily operations of the Retail Division, including a number of retail outlets on site, online retailing and the Admissions department.
This role supports the Chief Retail Officer to achieve KPI’s, monthly revenue targets, inventory levels, product development, merchandising and presentation.
The 2IC will be part of exploring new strategic opportunities to develop the business model. It will include a high level of customer interaction, customer service and communication skills.
The successful applicant will possess integrity, honesty, flexibility and the ability to work within a fast paced environment. They will have a positive attitude, high energy levels, confidence and strong leadership skills.
The person in this role will have the ability to supervise staff, delegate tasks, order stock, merchandise and general management of retail areas.
Duties May Include –
- Be up to date with emerging retail trends including online trends
- Assist in building promotions and marketing plans when applicable
- Deliver retail and customer service activities within to optimise and exceed sales targets, profitability and customer satisfaction in conjunction with online and in store offers
- Multi store supervision
- Support in the management in all retail departments.
- Responsible for overseeing the maintenance of all Retail equipment and hire services
- Assist with Managing Roster and availability when required.
- Assisting in the development and application of training and development programs for retail staff.
- Responsible for effective & efficient stock control & management
- Responsible for maintaining a high standard of customer service.
- Responsible for maintaining a high standard of hygiene & cleanliness of all retail outlets.
- Attending merchandising meetings as requested
- POS data setup and maintenance
- Processing invoices when required
- Ensure brand consistency across all areas
- Have the ability to build and establish strong relationships with key stakeholders, local businesses, suppliers and community groups.
- Identify development and operational opportunities to build sales and control costs
- Assist with developing policies, standards and procedures for all aspects of the Retail department
- Continuously meet and improve service standards, ensuring alignment with the overall strategic and operating plans for the business driving revenue targets
- Preserve excellent levels of internal and external customer service
- Implement KPI’s, schedules, policies, procedures where required
- Attend to guests and customer complaints
- Ability to undertake stock counts to ensure Stock health
- Assist with training sessions organised by the HR and education department
- Identify patron’s needs and respond proactively
- Provide a two way communication and nurture an ownership environment with emphasis in motivation and teamwork
- Check emails and respond as required
- Daily brief with Supervisors to discuss any performance or operation issues
- Liaising with the Workplace, Health and Safety Advisor in regards to health and safety processes, accidents, reporting.
Essential Criteria –
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a management role within Retail
- Purchasing experience
- Working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office, POS)
- Competence in delegating multiple tasks and following up to ensure completion
- Communication and leadership skills
- Ability to manage personnel and meet financial targets
- Excellent customer service skills and an in-depth knowledge of customer service principles and practice
- Excellent communication skills
- High level of supervisory, decision making and organisation skills
- Exceptional problem solving and planning skills with the ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Budget Management including gross profit and Stock control
- Must be well presented at all times and lead by example
- Proof of coronavirus vaccination (unless otherwise exempt)
Preferred Criteria –
- Current Advanced 1st Aid Qualifications
- Previous experience with ‘Centaman’
- Any other relevant certificates including Leadership, Training and WHS
- Product development experience
Apply for this job below.
Here is a checklist of information you will need to have ready before you start to complete the employment application form:
- Education history
- Employment history
- Any qualifications you may have e.g. First Aid
- Any achievements you may like to tell us about
- Your availability (what hours can you work)
- A resume in .pdf or .doc format
- Any other info that may support your application