Retail Assistant - Casual
An exciting opportunity has arisen for someone to join our Retail team in a Casual capacity as a Retail Assistant!
Australia Zoo is an equal opportunity employer, where we recognise the diversity of our workforce and community – be it on the basis of gender, age, race, sexual orientation, or religious belief. We provide specific workplace programs to support diversity and equal employment opportunities for women, people with disabilities and all cultural backgrounds.
During daily interactions with guests, retail assistants’ provide advice, recommend products, and assist with any enquiries. Retail Assistants are required to keep the shop clean and presentable at all times. Retail Assistants must be responsive and helpful to the customer’s needs, to not only meet their expectations but to exceed them.
This role entails a high level of customer interaction and requires good interpersonal customer service and communication skills.
A successful candidate will have a demonstrated ability to work in a high performance environment with a capacity to deliver all requirements of the role, great work ethic and the ability to work to a high standard within a team.
At Australia Zoo, Retail Assistants continually work towards providing our guests with the best possible service. They do this with enthusiasm and motivation toward their individual learning and training.
Duties May Include –
- Welcome and greet customers, assisting patrons with enquiries
- Point-of-sale processing including register operation, receiving and processing cash or credit payments. This may include processing other transactions such as Annual Pass holders
- Accurately give change and receipts
- Be able to complete any refunds on customer’s request and supervisor’s approval
- Numeracy skills with regard to counting money, sorting change and balancing cash registers at the end of shift
- Maintain a clean and tidy work environment
- Ability to undertake stock counts
- Stocking shelves with accurate merchandising
- Ability to accurately describe a products features and benefits
- Reporting discrepancies and problems to the 2IC or Store Supervisor
- Keep the shop tidy and clean, this includes vacuuming, mopping, cleaning windows etc
- Being able to deal with customer complaints
- Assist with crowd control and customer movements during daily shows and Event days
- Working within procedures and KPI’s
- Receiving and storing the delivery of large amounts of stock
- Keeping up to date with special promotions, staff memos, communications book and putting up displays
- Maintain Australia Zoo’s customer service standards
- Commitment to our policies and confidentiality policies
- Ensure company code of ethics and code of conduct are upheld at all times
- Work within guidelines of workplace health and safety procedures
- Participate in performance training and development requested by the Store Supervisor or the Retail Manager
- Attend all meetings as requested by Store Supervisor and Retail Manager
- Other duties as requested by the Retail Manager and or the Operations Manager
Essential Criteria –
- 7 day a week availability, including weekends, public holidays and school holidays
- Applicants must be enthusiastic, mature minded, confident, well-presented and able to demonstrate a high level of work-ethic and initiative
- Great interpersonal communication skills and customer service
- Well-developed organisational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks at a time
- Current First Aid and CPR Certificate
- Cert 3 or 4 in Retail
- Any associated licenses; training, workplace health and safety
- Current manual driver’s licence
- Experience in a similar role
Apply for this job below. Applications close 31st of July 2021.
Here is a checklist of information you will need to have ready before you start to complete the employment application form:
- Education history
- Employment history
- Any qualifications you may have eg First Aid
- Any achievements you may like to tell us about
- your availability (what hours can you work)
- A resume in .pdf or .doc format
- Any other info that may support your application