Retail Manager - Full Time
An exciting and unique opportunity has arisen for someone to join our team in a Full Time Capacity as the Chief Retail Officer.
Australia Zoo is an equal opportunity employer, where we recognise the diversity of our workforce and community – be it on the basis of gender, age, race, sexual orientation, or religious belief. We provide specific workplace programs to support diversity and equal employment opportunities for women, people with disabilities and all cultural backgrounds.
The Chief Retail Officer plays an integral role in the daily operations of the Customer Service departments, including a number of Retail outlets, On-line retail and Admissions.
A strong background in ecommerce retailing is recommended with the ability to see changing trends and to develop the total online shopping experience.
The Chief Retail Officer is responsible for achieving monthly revenue targets, inventory levels, product development, merchandising and presentation. They must be customer focused and ensure that exception customer service is achieved on a daily basis.
The Chief Retail Officer will report to the Senior Management team and provide forecast updates, key risk indicators and present new opportunities to develop the business model.
The role is target driven and required the use of strong strategic development skills to ensure KPI’s are achieved across the business.
Duties May Include –
- Be up to date with emerging retail trends including online trends
- Organising special online promotions and marketing plans
- Deliver retail and customer service activities within to optimise and exceed sales targets, profitability and customer satisfaction in conjunction with Online and in store
- Develop and manage the Online Shop whilst also being innovative with regards to marketing campaigns.
- Multi store development
- Oversee and manage all retail departments including online retail
- Assisting & advising Senior Management with budgetary & financial accountabilities.
- Managing department wages, purchases and revenue targets/budgets
- Responsible for overseeing the maintenance of all Retail equipment and hire services
- Directing and overseeing the rostering and management of staff in all retail outlets.
- Directing and assisting in the development and application of training and development programs for retail staff.
- Undertaking performance management systems for individual and team performance.
- Responsible for the overall retail activity directed at local, national & international levels.
- Responsible for effective & efficient stock control & management
- Responsible for maintaining a high standard of customer service.
- Responsible for maintaining a high standard of hygiene & cleanliness of all retail outlets.
- Providing weekly and monthly reports to Senior Management (departmental & statistical).
- Attending merchandising and marketing meetings as requested
- Ensure brand consistency across all areas
- Managing the department in all aspects of the operational and financial performance
- Communicate, monitor, evaluate and modify the quality and consistency of service and product delivery
- Have the ability to build and establish strong relationships with key stakeholders, local businesses, suppliers and community groups.
- Identify development and operational opportunities to build sales and control costs
- Develop policies, standards and procedures for all aspects of the Retail department
- Continuously meet and improve service standards, ensuring alignment with the overall strategic and operating plans for the business driving revenue targets
- Preserve excellent levels of internal and external customer service
- Establish targets, KPI’s, schedules, policies, procedures and performance management where required
- Attend to guests and customer complaints
- Assist with training sessions organised by the HR and education department
- Identify patron’s needs and respond proactively
- Provide a two way communication and nurture an ownership environment with emphasis in motivation and teamwork
- Check emails and respond as required
- Daily brief with Supervisors to discuss any performance or operation issues
- Overseeing ordering quantities
- Overseeing signing off of invoices of received products.
- Liaising with the Workplace, Health and Safety Advisor in regards to health and safety processes, accidents, reporting.
- Updating all staff job descriptions
Essential Criteria –
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a management role within Retail
- Working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office, POS)
- Competence in delegating multiple tasks and following up to ensure completion
- Communication and leadership skills
- Ability to manage personnel and meet financial targets
- Excellent customer service skills and an in-depth knowledge of customer service principles and practice
- Excellent communication skills
- High level of supervisory, decision making and organisation skills
- Exceptional problem solving and planning skills with the ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Budget Management including gross profit and Stock control
- Must be well presented at all times and lead by example
- Proof of coronavirus vaccination (unless otherwise exempt)
Preferred Criteria –
- Current Advanced 1st Aid Qualifications
- Previous experience with ‘Centaman’
- Any other relevant certificates including Leadership, Training and WHS
Apply for this job below.
Here is a checklist of information you will need to have ready before you start to complete the employment application form:
- Education history
- Employment history
- Any qualifications you may have e.g. First Aid
- Any achievements you may like to tell us about
- Your availability (what hours can you work)
- A resume in .pdf or .doc format
- Any other info that may support your application