Security Officer – Casual
Australia Zoo has an exciting opportunity available for a Security Officer to join the team!
Australia Zoo is an equal opportunity employer, where we recognise the diversity of our workforce and community – be it on the basis of gender, age, race, sexual orientation, or religious belief. We provide specific workplace programs to support diversity and equal employment opportunities for women, people with disabilities and all cultural backgrounds.
With over 500 acres of land, buildings and our beautiful animals, our dedicated Security department at Australia Zoo is primarily responsible for delivering a high standard of security and ensure safety exists for all visitors and staff at the zoo.
Our Security Officers are employed to protect property, assets, and people. They are generally uniformed and act to protect property by maintaining a highly visible presence to deter illegal and inappropriate actions, observing (either directly, through patrols, or sometimes by watching alarm systems or video cameras) for signs of crime, fire or disorder; then taking action to report any incidents to Management and emergency services as appropriate.
A successful applicant will have a demonstrated ability to work in a high performance environment, with a capacity to deliver all requirements of the role, great work ethic and the ability to work to a high standard within a team.
- Responsible for performing car park patrols regularly
- Litter and belonging collection from the carparks during night shift
- Responsible for completing opening and closing procedures for the zoo
- Performing internal & external Zoo patrols/perimeter checks
- Completing Fence Report & Perimeter Checklists as directed by Management
- Liaising & reporting incidents or observations regularly with Senior Management
- Performing daily vehicle inspections and complete checklists required
- Undertaking Australia Zoo Wildlife Hospital staff welfare checks throughout the night shift and escort any animal admittance through to the hospital to ensure the safety of our staff at all times
- Monitoring alarms during the night and reporting any concerns appropriately to Senior Management
- Monitoring the weather when appropriate, to advise Senior Management of any concerns during night shift (e.g.; flooding areas, gates, storms)
- Receiving of deliveries and suppliers when appropriate
- Assisting the Shuttles and Customer Service departments when necessary
- Monitoring high traffic areas at certain times in the day (Admissions in the morning, Retail in the afternoons etc.)
- Assisting the Emergency Response Team when requested with First Aid, emergency processes and emergency vehicle escorts
- Responding to any relevant Emergency calls on the CB Radios to ensure guests and staff are safe at all times
- Greeting and farewelling of staff and patrons at concierge
- Observation of vehicles and their speed limits within our facility
- Undertaking Incident reporting and documenting activities – completing diary each shift
- Undertaking vandalism prevention
Essential Criteria –
- Current security licence (Cert II – Unarmed Guard, Crowd Control)
- Current 1st Aid qualifications
- Responsible and trustworthy
- A high level of interpersonal skills and the ability to engage, negotiate and communicate effectively with all staff (all levels) and customers
- Flexibility with days/hours of work (including nights, weekends, public holidays and school holidays)
- Excellent presentation
- Open manual driver’s licence
- Proof of Coronavirus Vaccination (unless otherwise exempt)
Preferred Criteria –
- Any other relevant certificates involving Leadership, Training, WHS
- Suitability Card – Working with Children
Apply for this job below.
Here is a checklist of information you will need to have ready before you start to complete the employment application form:
- Education history
- Employment history
- Any qualifications you may have e.g. First Aid
- Any achievements you may like to tell us about
- your availability (what hours can you work)
- A resume in .pdf or .doc format
- Any other info that may support your application