Senior Financial Accountant – Full Time
Australia Zoo has an exciting opportunity available for a Senior Financial Accountant to join our Accounts team in a Full Time capacity!
Australia Zoo is an equal opportunity employer, where we recognise the diversity of our workforce and community – be it on the basis of gender, age, race, sexual orientation, or religious belief. We provide specific workplace programs to support diversity and equal employment opportunities for women, people with disabilities and all cultural backgrounds.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Senior Financial Accountant will oversee and facilitate the preparation of the financial statements for the Australia Zoo Group, Australia Zoo Wildlife Warriors Worldwide, and Wildlife Warriors USA. This includes providing input in the preparation and monitoring of budgets and the provision of financial information to Senior Management for decision making purposes. The Senior Financial Accountant will manage the Accounts Department and oversee all roles and responsibilities of team members.
A successful applicant will have a demonstrated ability to work in a high performance environment, with a capacity to deliver all requirements of the role as well as a great work ethic, a keen eye for detail, and the ability to work to a high standard within the team.
Essential Requirements –
- 3 – 5 year’s experience in a similar role (Financial Accountant/Management Accountant)
- CPA or CA qualifications
- Demonstrated leadership ability, team management and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated professionalism and ethics
- Highly developed personal time management skills
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills
- Hold current Driver’s Licence (Manual) and own transport
- Available to work weekends, public holidays, and school holiday periods
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Maintain a satisfactory & suitable level of fitness & well being to safely perform duties
- Demonstrated desire and passion for this industry
Preferred Criteria –
- Current First Aid qualifications
- Any other relevant certificates involving Leadership, Training, WHS
Apply for this job below. Applications close 8th of April 2021.
Here is a checklist of information you will need to have ready before you start to complete the employment application form:
- Education history
- Employment history
- Any qualifications you may have eg First Aid
- Any achievements you may like to tell us about
- Your availability (what hours can you work)
- A resume in .pdf or .doc format
- Any other info that may support your application