Technical Assistant – Full Time
Australia Zoo has an exciting opportunity available for an experienced IT professional to join the team as a Technical Assistant!
Australia Zoo is an equal opportunity employer, where we recognise the diversity of our workforce and community – be it on the basis of gender, age, race, sexual orientation, or religious belief. We provide specific workplace programs to support diversity and equal employment opportunities for women, people with disabilities and all cultural backgrounds.
The IT department at Australia Zoo is primarily responsible for the management, maintenance and development of all Australia Zoo IT systems. To be successful in this role, you must have a great understanding of different IT systems and hardware.
A successful applicant will have a demonstrated ability to work in a high performance environment, with a capacity to deliver all requirements of the role, a great work ethic and the ability to work to a high standard within the team.
Primary Duties –
- Computer and peripheral setup, configuration and maintenance
- Computer and software operation assistance (Windows, OSX)
- General networking including switch configuration and troubleshooting – wired and wireless networking
- Assisting with any technical issues that arise in related departments
- Point of Sale equipment and peripheral setup and support (EFTPOS, receipt printers and scanners)
- Email Administration (Gmail)
- Use of monitoring tools
- General VMWare support (VM reboots and setup)
- Alcatel phone management and PBX configuration
- Undertaking other duties as requested by Senior Management Provide a high level of assistance to the IT Systems Administrator, IT Manager
Essential Criteria –
- A demonstrated ability to work in a high-pressure, flexible environment and to deliver all communications to a high level
- Must have the ability to learn new systems and develop the knowledge of products quickly
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Well-developed organisational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks
- A high level of interpersonal skills and the ability to negotiate and communicate effectively with staff at all levels
- Current drivers license and own transport
- Proof of Coronavirus vaccination (unless otherwise exempt)
Preferred Criteria –
- 1-2 years’ experience in a similar position
- Current 1st Aid qualifications
- Experience working in a development team
- Any other relevant certificates involving Leadership, Training, WHS
Apply for this job below.
Here is a checklist of information you will need to have ready before you start to complete the employment application form:
- Education history
- Employment history
- Any qualifications you may have eg First Aid
- Any achievements you may like to tell us about
- Your availability (what hours can you work)
- A resume in .pdf or .doc format
- Any other info that may support your application