Warehouse Attendant – Retail – Full Time
An exciting opportunity has arisen for someone to join our Retail team in a Full Time capacity as a Warehouse Attendant!
Australia Zoo is an equal opportunity employer, where we recognise the diversity of our workforce and community – be it on the basis of gender, age, race, sexual orientation, or religious belief. We provide specific workplace programs to support diversity and equal employment opportunities for women, people with disabilities and all cultural backgrounds.
The Warehouse Attendant plays an integral role within the Retail team, and is relied upon by the Warehouse Supervisor and the Mail Order Attendant to ensure the smooth operations of the Warehouse areas.
To be successful in this role, you will ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through excellent service and this role suits a person with a positive attitude, high energy levels, confidence, and strong organisational skills.
You are responsible for assisting with online orders, coordinating business mail and supporting the continual development of the online shop. The role will involve both the routine daily packing and dispatching of orders received, together with associated customer service, and the longer-term development of the online retail business, including promotional material and inventory management.
This role will work closely and cohesively within the retail department and management to support the operational requirements.
Primary Duties –
- Pack and dispatch orders received within the online shop or by phone
- Liaise with Australia Post/Couriers to book in and prepare items for collection
- Coordinate outgoing business mail
- Respond to routine customer enquiries via e-mail and telephone, including customer complaints for retail
- Identify non-routine customer enquiries and escalate as appropriate
- Preserve excellent levels of internal and external customer service
- Handle all online returns, organising replacements or refunds as necessary, and keep accurate records of items returned or lost in transit
- Manage online stock levels and adjust pricing using stock-control systems and adhere to effective and efficient stock control processes
- Assist with online shop product listings, including category management
- Assist with the ordering of stock and mailing supplies from various suppliers
- Maintain a tidy and well-organised stock storage system
- Responsible for maintaining a high standard of hygiene & cleanliness within the warehouse and workstation/s
- Be up to date with emerging retail trends including online trends
- Have the ability to maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders, local businesses and suppliers
- Monitor online listings and advise retail management on under-performing product lines and identify products due for promotion
- Coordinate special online promotions and marketing plans including photo shoots, promotional banners and updating product descriptions
- Achieve targets and KPI’s as determined by Retail Management
- Assist with data collation including supporting evidence for Trademark applications and renewals for merchandise
- Support general Warehouse duties including the receivable and distribution of stock as required
- Support the retail department by liaising with suppliers regarding missing/damaged items or returns as required
- Identify patron’s needs and respond proactively
- Daily brief with Supervisors to discuss any performance or operation issues
- Liaising with the Workplace, Health and Safety Advisor in regards to health and safety processes, accidents, reporting
Essential Criteria –
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a role within Retail
- Working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office, POS)
- Competence in delegating multiple tasks and following up to ensure completion
- Communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills and an in-depth knowledge of customer service principles and practice
- High level of decision making and organisation skills
- Exceptional problem solving and planning skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in report preparation including gross profit and Stock control
- Must be well presented at all times and lead by example
Preferred Criteria –
- Forklift Licence (FL)
- First Aid and CPR Certificate
Apply for this job below.
Here is a checklist of information you will need to have ready before you start to complete the employment application form:
- Education history
- Employment history
- Any qualifications you may have e.g. First Aid
- Any achievements you may like to tell us about
- Your availability (what hours can you work)
- A resume in .pdf or .doc format
- Any other info that may support your application