The Daniel Morcombe Foundation was established after Daniel Morcombe, a Sunshine Coast boy, was abducted while waiting for a bus on a busy highway in our local area. His parents, together with local community leaders, have collaborated to establish the Daniel Morcombe Foundation.
The objectives of the foundation are simple and wide reaching across many facets of our community:
- To educate children regarding their personal safety (including abduction)
- To assist victims of crime, particularly where crime involves children
- To continue the search for Daniel
- To raise funds from public and Government entities to support the above objectives
- To provide a vehicle to attract funding from State and Federal bodies and to establish and maintain a public fund to attract public donations and bequests
A number of events are held throughout the year to raise funds and awareness, including the Dance for Daniel, Walk for Daniel and Day for Daniel.
For more information on how you can get involved check out www.danielmorcombe.com.au
Day for Daniel Commercials
Day for Daniel and Children's Week
Australia Zoo proudly supports the annual Day for Daniel (Friday 30 October) and Queensland Children’s Week by hosting activities. Terri, Bindi and Robert Irwin are Family Ambassadors for Queensland Children's Week, and show their support for the Day for Daniel by wearing red.