Rotary is a worldwide organisation comprised of business and professional leaders who are working together to address various community and international service needs. Their aim is to promote peace and understanding throughout the world.
Terri Irwin is an active member of Glasshouse Mountains Rotary club, and through Australia Zoo has made various donations to the local community including:
- Being a partner in the annual Rotary calendar, and selling them in Australia Zoo retail outlets (all profits go back to Rotary and the local Cystic Fibrosis branch)
- Making donations for assistance received from Rotary members during Australia Zoo promotional days
- Conducting regular fundraising events for the local branch, through monthly Zoo promotional days, e.g. fundraising raffles
- Sending representatives to attend local branch meetings
- Holding free family day outings for families affected by Cystic Fibrosis
- Being the major sponsor for the Rotary Charity Golf Day, with teams participating from the Zoo, and donation of major prizes to give away.
The funds donated to Glasshouse Mountains Rotary are directed to the local Cystic Fibrosis chapter at the Sunshine Coast. Over 50 families in the area are affected by Cystic Fibrosis, and these funds go directly into helping them to cover medical bills, home assistance and equipment. All of the families affected are also treated to a well-deserved family day out at Australia Zoo, where they get to relax and enjoy themselves for the day while getting absorbed in wildlife and fun!
Australia Zoo is committed to the local community through our Glasshouse Mountains Rotary branch, and fully intends to continue supporting their endeavors over the coming years.