The Khaki Extreme Program is a wild, behind-the-scenes zoo keeping adventure like no other. It's a chance for 11 – 15 year olds to have an action-packed, fun-filled day of exploration and excitement. Help 'enrich' our tigers and red pandas and dingoes. Go where others don't get to go and see Australia Zoo from a whole different perspective. Below are just some of the exclusive, non-stop fun activities that could be in store when you join us for the day on this exciting Zoo Keeper adventure.
If you're aged between 7 and 10 check out our Zoo Keeper Khaki Discovery Program.
If you want a more reptile specific program for 11 to 15 year olds, check out our Khaki Extreme Reptiles Program.
- Entry to Australia Zoo & Lunch
- Exclusive Khaki Extreme gift pack
- Photograph with an animal
- Time: 8:45am - 2:15pm
- Ages: 11 - 15 years
- Cost: $85
Past Program Activities
- Behind-the-scenes tour of the Australia Zoo Wildlife Hospital
- Enriching and cleaning the enclosure of our secretive platypus
- Learn how the experts train our exotic birds
- Plus heaps more...
Make some exciting and interactive 'toys' for our tigers! Then watch as our tigers play, roll and eat these awesome toys, made by you!
Ever wondered why Australia Zoo animals are so smart? In this unique program, you’ll the inside scoop on working with our amazing birds. There will even be a special guest appearance by one of the stars of our Steve Irwin’s Wildlife Warriors Show.
Help make a treat, for our furry, bushy-tailed red pandas, and then watch as they seek it out!
Be one of the first to meet our adorable new Dingo pups. They are super cute, fluffy and more than a little mischievous - you won't be able to help but fall in love!
Wow, with a day that starts like this, who knows what else could happen!!
Also, don't forget to bring the email address of someone you'd really like to share (or brag about!) your experience with - we'll show you how.
Khaki Extreme Program Bookings
Friday the 13th of Dec, 2013 - Tuesday the 24th of Dec, 2013
Thursday the 2nd of Jan, 2014 - Monday the 27th of Jan, 2014
Saturday the 5th of Apr, 2014 - Monday the 21st of Apr, 2014
Saturday the 28th of Jun, 2014 - Sunday the 13th of Jul, 2014
Saturday the 20th of Sep, 2014 - Monday the 6th of Oct, 2014
Indemnity & Release
- In consideration of the acceptance of my application form and the payment of the fee to Australia Zoo, I agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this Indemnity and Release. I acknowledge that I have read and understood the terms of this Indemnity and Release.
- I agree that it is a term of my acceptance of my application form and fee (if accepted) that for myself, my executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors and assigns, I hereby:
- (a) waive and release all claims that I may have against Australia Zoo, its officers, directors, members, volunteers, employees, agents, sponsors, stakeholders, other participants and any other persons involved in the activity ("the releasees") including any and all claims for damages (for personal injury, death or other loss or damage) caused by negligence, breach of contract, breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, arising out of my participation in the Activity, together with any costs including legal fees that may be incurred as a result of any such claim whether valid or not; and
- (b) indemnify and hold harmless the releasees and each of them against any such claim that I or my guests or any one or more of my executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors or assigns may have or assert and against any costs including legal fees with respect to such claims.
- If I am in breach of the terms of entry to Australia Zoo, I agree to recompense the appropriate party/s for all loss and damage (including legal fees) arising out of such breach, including any damage to the party's reputation.
- I attest and verify that I am physically fit and able to participate in the stated Activity and that I have not been advised by a qualified medical practitioner not to participate.
- I agree to abide by all the rules, regulations and instructions given from time to time, whilst participating in the Activity.
- I accept that if the activity is cancelled for any reason whatsoever my entry fee may not be refunded.
- I consent to the publication and/or use in any media whatsoever of my name, image, voice statements or otherwise, without payment of compensation.
- In this agreement, the expression "the Activity" includes all duties and activities performed and undertaken by the participants during the Zoo Keeper for a Day program and any other duties or activities performed by the participant whilst at Australia Zoo. Further, in this agreement the expression "Australia Zoo" means and includes Australia Zoo Pty Ltd ACN 082 960 521, Silverback Properties Pty Ltd ACN 067 400 088, Australia Zoo Wildlife Warriors Limited ACN 102 721 513, Muscillo Holdings Pty Ltd ACN 086 418 573, and any other person, entity, company, partnership, trust, or sole trader carrying on business as Australia Zoo.
- I have voluntarily entered into this agreement and have read, understood and acknowledge the terms of entry including the warning, exclusion of liability, release, indemnity and information provided elsewhere in the application form.
- In consideration of Australia Zoo accepting the Minor's application to participate in the Activity, I agree to indemnify and shall keep indemnified Australia Zoo in respect of any losses they or any of them may suffer as a consequence of any claim/s by the Minor, or made on the Minor’s behalf to the same extent as any other participant indemnifies Australia Zoo pursuant to Clause 2 above.
Visa & Mastercard