To ensure your zoo experience is a happy and safe one for you and our wildlife please remember these points:
- Children under 15 require adult supervision at all times.
- Young children require direct adult supervision when participating in wildlife interactions and using play equipment.
- Please remain behind fences at all times.
- First Aid comes to you! If first aid is required, please contact any Zoo staff member and stay in the location with the injured/sick person until First Aid arrives.
- Please only feed our wildlife the correct food. Roo Food to feed our kangaroos can be purchased at Guest Services, the Crocoseum Boutique and the Australiana Shop. All other food will make our wildlife sick!
- Please sanitise your hands after all animal interactions.
- Please be aware there are macadamia trees in some areas.
- Please place all litter in bins, so it does not cause harm to any wildlife.
- Smoking, vaping and use of e-cigarettes are permitted in designated smoking areas only.
Prohibited objects and substances
Australia Zoo’s health and safety standards state that the following items are prohibited throughout the Zoo.
Please refrain from bringing items such as:
- Flying objects such as balls, frisbees or kites.
- Scooters, bikes, roller-blades, skate boards.
- Balloons, straws or other objects which may harm our wildlife.
- Weapons, alcohol and drugs.
Please visit www.australiazoo.com.au/visit-us/services-facilities/ for an overview of the many services and access options available at Australia Zoo.
For the comfort and safety of all visitors, clothing that displays offensive language including but not limited to racial or discriminative messaging is not permitted. Footwear must be worn at all times.
No pets are allowed to enter these premises. If you would like to bring a registered Guide or Assistance Dog to the Zoo, please contact us on 5436 2000 or email@example.com so we can discuss how to best facilitate your day with us. We appreciate you contacting us at least 72 hours prior to your visit.
The exhibits at Australia Zoo (“we”, “us” or “our”) are purpose built and designed to complement the animals and vegetation located on the premises. This may include (but not limited to) free-roaming animals, animal-walking by staff, moats, elevated pathways and other inherently dangerous features or activities. As a condition of entry and your participation in any activities at Australia Zoo, you hereby for yourself, your heirs, executors, assigns and next-of-kin and each themselves release, waive and discharge Australia Zoo, its officers, directors, agents and employees of and from any and all injuries, losses, damages of any kind or nature to any personal article or thing, or your person or to any minor under your supervision whilst on our premises. Without limiting the aforementioned, Australia Zoo will not be liable for any loss, damage or injury caused to any persons or personal articles by a third party whilst on our premises. Nothing under these conditions affects or limits Australia Zoo’s liability under any relevant State or Federal legislation.
Notice of media production
We’re regularly producing television series and other forms of media. During your visit you may be featured in this media. By entering the park, you give us permission to use your image in any form of media throughout the world.
Photographs or videos taken by you must be for your own personal use and enjoyment and not for any commercial purpose.
For the protection of our animals, security video surveillance in use on these premises.
Australia Zoo reserves the right to refuse entry.