Tiger Cub Walk
Time: 10:30am | Price: $399.00 (Up to two people)
Join our beautiful Sumatran tiger cubs and their keepers on one of their daily walks through Australia Zoo. You’ll be in awe of these amazing animals and will never forget this once in a lifetime experience.
The sheer size of these cubs and the intensity of their eyes is like nothing you’ve experienced before and the bond they share with their keepers is truly amazing! The Sumatran tiger is critically endangered in the wild, so they need our help. Every tiger cub walk encounter contributes to our tiger conservation efforts.
- Patrons for the Tiger Cub Walk Encounter must be 15yrs or older to participate.
- Maximum of two people per encounter. Both guest must be from the same group.
- Guests must be fit and healthy, have full motor skill capacity.
- Participants stand must be able to squat/kneel down and stand up quickly and without assistance. You may be asked to demonstrate this ability.
- Guests with limps, wheelchairs or walking aids are not permitted on the encounter.
- Each guest must have full intellectual abilities.
- Pants should be knee length or longer. No short shorts, skirts or dresses are permitted.
- Clothing should be neutral in colour and not baggy or frilly.
Terms and Conditions
- Entry to Australia Zoo is not included. Valid entry is compulsory for all encounters.
- All Participants, including children, must follow all instructions given by the handlers. Each Participant must be able to understand English or have a paying, participating interpreter with them.
- Australia Zoo reserves the right to refuse any person to participate in the Animal Encounter for health, safety or other reasons. Participants may be asked to cease the encounter at any time for whatever reason at the handler’s discretion.
- Some encounters may require special assistance to provide access to Wheelchair bound guests. Staff must be informed of mobility issues when booking the encounter.
- Animal Encounters are subject to weather. Please be aware that the encounter may need to be cancelled if bad weather occurs before or during the session. The encounter will be rescheduled for the next available date, at the Zoo’s discretion.
- All encounters are subject to change without notice. If the encounter is cancelled by Australia Zoo, you will have the option to receive a full refund or reschedule to another encounter time or day.
- Cancellation within 48hrs of the Session shall result in forfeiture of 50% of the full payment. If the Participant does not attend or is late to the experience the fee will NOT be refunded.
- No personal items or food are permitted on the encounter, this includes camera’s and backpacks. In some circumstances, a phone or small camera will be allowed.
- Please remember that all animals are capable of exercising their natural instincts. Do not under any circumstances attempt to roughly handle the animal. Contact with animals will be under the handlers direction – please do not touch animal’s head, face or any other body parts unless directed to by the animal handler.
- All interaction will be instigated by the animals. The behaviour of the animals or the outcome/level of interaction is not guaranteed under any circumstances.
- Australia Zoo does not take any responsibility for any injuries, howsoever received whether it be as a result of the Animal Encounter, travelling to, or being in, the enclosure in which the animal is housed.
- The food we feed to our animals may contain nuts, eggs, fruit, seafood, raw meat and other food products. Please ensure any allergies are discussed with staff prior to the encounter being undertaken.
- Participants must be aware that they may be filmed during experiences for media purposes.
- The Participant consents to the publication and/or use in any media whatsoever of their name, image, voice statements or otherwise, without payment of compensation.
- This experience is an “Animal Encounter” for the purposes of the Waiver, Indemnity and Release.