Utterly Outrageous Otters
Time: 10:45am | Price: $99.00 per person
Crikey! Experience an utterly exciting opportunity right here. Come enjoy lunchtime with our cheeky Asian small-clawed otters, in our fabulous otter encounter! Help our awesome keepers train and feed these cute marine mammals some of their favourite treats such as fish, nuts and crayfish.
You will have the opportunity to spend time interacting with each of our otters and learning from our knowledgeable keepers. Guests are encouraged to ask questions and learn more about our otters whilst participating in their playtime. It’s a whole ‘lotter’ fun and one of our professional photographers will be on hand to snap your picture with the photogenic pair of utterly outrageous otters!
- Patrons for the Utterly Outrageous Otters Encounter must be 15 years and over.
- Maximum of two people per encounter.
- Guests must be fit and healthy, have full motor skill and intellectual capabilities.
- Participants stand must be able to squat/kneel down and stand up quickly and without assistance. You may be asked to demonstrate this.
- Guests with limps, wheelchairs or walking aids are not permitted on the encounter.
- Enclosed shoes must be worn during the encounter.
- Pants should be knee length or longer. No khaki colours, short shorts, skirts or dresses are permitted.
- Clothing should be neutral in colour and not baggy or frilly.
- Includes one Australia Zoo photo fridge magnet of your experience.
Terms and Conditions
- Entry to Australia Zoo is not included. Valid entry is compulsory for all encounters.
- All Participants, including children, must follow all instructions given by the handlers. Each Participant must be able to understand English or have a paying, participating interpreter with them.
- Australia Zoo reserves the right to refuse any person to participate in the Animal Encounter for health, safety or other reasons. Participants may be asked to cease the encounter at any time for whatever reason at the handler’s discretion.
- Some encounters may require special assistance to provide access to Wheelchair bound guests. Staff must be informed of mobility issues when booking the encounter.
- Animal Encounters are subject to weather. Please be aware that the encounter may need to be cancelled if bad weather occurs before or during the session. The encounter will be rescheduled for the next available date, at the Zoo’s discretion.
- All encounters are subject to change without notice. If the encounter is cancelled by Australia Zoo, you will have the option to receive a full refund or reschedule to another encounter time or day.
- Cancellation within 48hrs of the Session shall result in forfeiture of 50% of the full payment. If the Participant does not attend or is late to the experience the fee will NOT be refunded.
- No personal items or food are permitted on the encounter, this includes camera’s and backpacks. In some circumstances, a phone or small camera will be allowed.
- Please remember that all animals are capable of exercising their natural instincts. Do not under any circumstances attempt to roughly handle the animal. Contact with animals will be under the handlers direction – please do not touch animal’s head, face or any other body parts unless directed to by the animal handler.
- All interaction will be instigated by the animals. The behaviour of the animals or the outcome/level of interaction is not guaranteed under any circumstances.
- Australia Zoo does not take any responsibility for any injuries, howsoever received whether it be as a result of the Animal Encounter, travelling to, or being in, the enclosure in which the animal is housed.
- The food we feed to our animals may contain nuts, eggs, fruit, seafood, raw meat and other food products. Please ensure any allergies are discussed with staff prior to the encounter being undertaken.
- Participants must be aware that they may be filmed during experiences for media purposes.
- The Participant consents to the publication and/or use in any media whatsoever of their name, image, voice statements or otherwise, without payment of compensation.
- This experience is an “Animal Encounter” for the purposes of the Waiver, Indemnity and Release.