Wildlife Hospital Tour
Cost: $19 adult | $9 child
Time: 10 am | 2:30 pm | 3:30 pm
Tour Duration: 30 minutes
No. of People: Max 8
Australia Zoo Wildlife Hospital opened in 2004, inspired by the unwavering work of Steve’s mum, Lyn Irwin, who was a pioneer in wildlife care. Since then, the Australia Zoo Wildlife Hospital has treated and released tens of thousands of sick or injured native animals.
All money raised from this tour goes towards Australia Zoo Wildlife Hospital so that the team can continue their awesome conservation work.
- Australia Zoo Wildlife Hospital Tour patrons if under 15 years old must be accompanied by a paying adult.
- Maximum of eight people per tour.
- Patrons must follow tour guide instructions at all times as this is a functioning hospital with real patients.
- Due to the nature of the Australia Zoo Wildlife Hospital, a tour may be finalised at any point in time for the health and safety of our patients and staff. In this rare occurrence, patrons will have the option of a refund or rescheduling the tour.
- No food items are permitted on the tour.
- Cameras may be used without flashes.
- Please note that surgical procedures may be taking place during your tour.
- The 10:00 am tour must be pre-booked online.
Terms and Conditions
- Entry to Australia Zoo is not included. A valid entry is compulsory for all encounters.
- All participants, including children, must follow all instructions given by the handlers. Each participant must be able to understand English or have a paying, participating interpreter with them.
- Australia Zoo reserves the right to refuse any person to participate in the animal encounter for health, safety or other reasons. Participants may be asked to cease the encounter at any time for whatever reason at the handler’s discretion.
- Some encounters may require special assistance to provide access to wheelchair user guests. Staff must be informed of mobility issues when booking the encounter.
- Animal encounters are subject to weather. Please be aware that the encounter may need to be cancelled if bad weather occurs before or during the session. The encounter will be rescheduled for the next available date, at the Zoo’s discretion.
- All encounters are subject to change without notice. If the encounter is cancelled by Australia Zoo, you will have the option to receive a full refund or reschedule to another encounter time or day.
- Cancellation within 48hrs of the session shall result in forfeiture of 50% of the full payment. If the participant does not attend or is late to the experience the fee will NOT be refunded.
No personal items or food are permitted during the encounter, this includes cameras and backpacks. In some circumstances, a phone or small camera will be allowed.
- Please remember that all animals are capable of exercising their natural instincts. Do not under any circumstances attempt to roughly handle the animal. Contact with animals will be under the handler’s direction – please do not touch the animal’s head, face or any other body parts unless directed to by the animal handler.
- All interaction will be instigated by the animals. The behaviour of the animals or the outcome/level of interaction is not guaranteed under any circumstances.
- Australia Zoo does not take any responsibility for any injuries, howsoever received whether it be as a result of the animal encounter, travelling to or being in the enclosure in which the animal is housed.
- The food we feed to our animals may contain nuts, eggs, fruit, seafood, raw meat and other food products. Please ensure any allergies are discussed with staff prior to the encounter being undertaken.
- Participants must be aware that they may be filmed during experiences for media purposes.
- The participant consents to the publication and/or use in any media whatsoever of their name, image, voice statements or otherwise, without payment of compensation.
- This experience is an “animal encounter” for the purposes of the Waiver, Indemnity and Release.