Khaki Discovery Program (Age 7 – 11)
$99 per person
ZOO KEEPER FOR A DAY: Make new discoveries and go wild!
The Khaki Discovery program is a fun-filled, zoo keeping adventure like no other! Kids aged 7 – 11 years old can join us in school holidays for an action-packed day getting hands-on with wildlife and experiencing what it’s like to be a zoo keeper.
Meet some the biggest, smallest, cheekiest, funniest and most adorable animals ever in the Khaki Discovery program. Those involved can help with feed outs in our beautiful and interactive enclosures, can make enrichments for our animals to enjoy, and get the opportunity to meet an array of animals from our cute and cuddly mammals and majestic birds to our super cool reptiles. What about a sneak peek behind-the-scenes to see what our keepers get up to every day? We’ll even reserve you some equipment to help us with the cleaning of our animal’s homes. That’s right – you know what rhymes with zoo! Don’t forget, with so much action involved, be sure to bring along some snacks to keep up your energy for the day.
After a busy morning getting up close with wildlife, budding zoo keepers can enjoy a specially provided lunch while they watch the jaw-snapping action of the Australia Zoo Wildlife Warriors show in the world-famous Crocoseum.
Every season is different and so is our Zoo Keeper for a Day Khaki Discovery program. Sometimes the animals change and other times the activities do, but with this much fun going on every day, you know it’s going to be a great experience getting hands-on with wildlife.
The Zoo Keeper for a Day program gives kids the chance to see Australia Zoo from a whole different perspective! Check out what’s included in the day’s adventure and some of the past activities other Zoo Keepers for a Day Khaki Discovery crew have done in their day.
All our Zoo Keeper for a Day leaders are experienced educators, so they know how to ensure everyone has a happy, safe and super enjoyable day as a zoo keeper. You just never know what’s in store for you on these days of Discovery!
- Participant entry to Australia Zoo (for program duration).
- Exclusive guided Zoo Keeper for a Day Khaki Discovery adventure and activities program.
- Lunch – Select a Zoo Keeper for a Day lunch option when you book online or over the phone.
- Exclusive Khaki Discovery Hat.
- Exclusive Khaki Discovery Water Bottle.
- Personal photograph with one of our amazing animals.
- Arrival Time : 8.30am for program sign in.
- Program Time: 8.45am – 2pm.
- Ages: 7 – 11 years.
What to Bring
- Please wear closed in shoes. You won’t be able to participate if you do not have closed in shoes.
- Camera or phone with camera (optional).
- It’s going to be a busy day, so be sure to bring along some extra snacks for extra energy (lunch and a light morning tea is provided).
- Any medications required or potentially required by participant.
- Please provide detailed information when booking online and to leaders on the day of program.
Past Program Activities
This is a brand new and exciting program and we have some wild action in store for our newest little Explorers. Here is a just a taste of some of the fun and engaging activities we could have in store:
- Meet some our coolest characters, like blue tongue lizards.
- Scrub the shells of our amazing giant Aldabra land tortoise.
- Meet one of our spiky echidnas.
- Get up close and feed our friendly kangaroos and wallabies.
- Meet our baby farm yard animals and help feed them.
- Meet our naughty wombats as they head out for an afternoon walk.
- Help feed our beautiful and colourful rainforest aviary birds with some of their favourite treats, like meal worms.
- Pat a cuddly koala.