Khaki Discovery Program (Age 7 – 11)
$99 per person
ZOO KEEPER FOR A DAY: Make new discoveries and go wild!
The Khaki Discovery program is a fun-filled, zoo keeping adventure like no other! Kids aged 7 – 11 years old can join us in school holidays to get hands-on and experience what it’s like to be a zoo keeper.
Meet some the biggest, smallest, cheekiest, funniest and most adorable animals ever in the Khaki Discovery program. Participants can help with feed outs in our beautiful and interactive enclosures, make enrichments for our animals to enjoy, and get the opportunity to meet an array of animals from our cute and cuddly mammals and majestic birds to our super cool reptiles. We’ll even reserve you some equipment to help us with the cleaning of our animal’s homes. That’s right – you know what rhymes with zoo! Don’t forget, with such a busy day, be sure to bring along some snacks to keep up your energy for the day.
After a busy morning getting up close with wildlife, budding zoo keepers can enjoy a specially provided lunch.
Every season is different and so is our Zoo Keeper for a Day Khaki Discovery program. Sometimes the animals change and other times the activities do, but with this much fun going on every day, you know it’s going to be a great experience.
Check out what’s included in the day’s adventure and some of the past activities other Zoo Keepers for a Day Khaki Discovery crew have done in their day.
All our Zoo Keeper for a Day leaders are experienced educators, so they know how to ensure everyone has a happy, safe and super enjoyable day as a zoo keeper. You just never know what’s in store for you on these days of Discovery!
- Participant entry to Australia Zoo.
- Exclusive guided Zoo Keeper for a Day Khaki Discovery adventure and activities program.
- Lunch – Select a Zoo Keeper for a Day lunch option when you book online or over the phone.
- Exclusive Khaki Discovery Hat.
- Exclusive Khaki Discovery Water Bottle.
- Personal photograph with one of our amazing animals.
- Arrival Time: 8:30am or 9:00am for program sign in.
- Program Time: 5 hours.
- Ages: 7 – 11 years.
What to Bring
- Please wear closed in shoes. You won’t be able to participate if you do not have closed in shoes.
- Camera or phone with camera (optional).
- It’s going to be a busy day, so be sure to bring along some extra snacks for extra energy (lunch is provided).
- Any medications required or potentially required by participant (please note: Australia Zoo staff cannot administer medications).
- Please provide detailed information about any additional considerations when booking online and to program leaders on the day.
Past Program Activities
Here is a just a taste of some of the fun and engaging activities we could have in store:
- Scrub the shells of our amazing giant Aldabra land tortoise.
- Create come enrichment for one of our spiky echidnas.
- Scoop some poop in one of our animal habitats.
- Find out about conditioning and training techniques used to help our animals showcase their amazing skills.
- Meet our naughty wombats as they head out for an afternoon walk.
- Have a chat with one of our cheeky cockatoos.
- Help feed our beautiful and colourful rainforest aviary birds with some of their favourite treats, like meal worms.