Khaki Explorer Program (Age 4 – 6)
$89 per person
ZOO KEEPER FOR A DAY: Explore and go wild!
The Khaki Explorer program is a fun-filled, zoo keeping adventure like no other! Children aged 4 – 6 years old can bring along a lucky adult to join us in school holidays for an exciting time exploring our beautiful zoo.
Children can help our keepers with feeding and cleaning time, help make toys for our animals to enjoy and get up close with some of our amazing animals. It’s going to be a busy day, so be sure to bring along some snacks for extra energy.
After a busy morning interacting with wildlife, budding zoo keepers can enjoy a specially provided lunch and rest their little legs while watching the jaw-snapping action of the Australia Zoo Wildlife Warriors show in our world-famous Crocoseum.
Every season is different and so is our Zoo Keeper for a Day Khaki Explorer program.
Sometimes the animals change and other times the activities do, but with this much fun going on every day, you know it’s going to be a great experience! Check out the ‘Past Programs’ below to see what previous groups have got up to on their day as a Zoo Keeper.
The Zoo Keeper for a Day program gives children and parents the chance to see Australia Zoo from a whole different perspective. Parents/accompanying adults will have a stack of fun too!
All our Zoo Keeper for a Day leaders are experienced educators, so they know how to ensure everyone has a happy, safe and super enjoyable day as a zoo keeper. Program duration – 3 hours – general admission not included.
You just never know what’s in store for you on these days of exploring!
- Participant entry to Australia Zoo for program duration only (3 hours).
- Exclusive guided Zoo Keeper for a Day Khaki Explorer adventure and activities program.
- Lunch – Select a Zoo Keeper for a Day lunch option when you book online or over the phone (child only).
- Exclusive Australia Zoo gift item (child only).
- Personal photograph with one of our amazing animals (child only).
- Arrival Time : 10:30am for program sign in.
- Program Time: 10:45am – approx. 2:00pm.
- Ages: 4 – 6 years (plus 1 accompanying adult per participant).
What to Bring
- Please wear closed in shoes. You won’t be able to participate if you do not have closed in shoes.
- Camera or phone with camera (optional).
- Please bring additional snacks (lunch provided for child participants only).
- Any medications required or potentially required by participants (please provide detailed information about medical considerations when booking online and to leaders on the day of the program).
Past Program Activities
Here are just some of the fun things our past Zoo Keeper for a Day Khaki Explorer Zoo Keepers got up to, so you never know which of these or a host of other activities you might be involved with:
- Scrubbing the shells of our giant tortoises.
- Scooping poop in the kangaroo habitat.
- Morning feed out of birds in our beautiful Rainforest Aviary.
- Making enrichment toys or hiding treats for an array of animals to enjoy.
- Feeding our cheeky long-neck turtles their favourite fishy treats.
- Meeting our spiky little echidnas and seeing their super long tongues as they feed from your hand – so cool!
- Getting up close to one of our cute koalas.
- And sooo much more!!
Would you like to be notified of future programs and dates? Join our mailing list!