Khaki Extreme Program (Age 12 – 16)
$119 per person
ZOO KEEPER FOR A DAY: Go wild with an extreme zoo keeping experience!
The Khaki Extreme program is a fun-filled, zoo keeping adventure like no other! The program offers the chance for 12 – 16 year olds to see first-hand what’s involved in looking after the amazing array of wildlife that call Australia Zoo home and how we can all work together to protect wildlife and wild places.
You’ll go behind-the-scenes to experience the real world of a zoo keeper. You’ll gain an understanding and appreciation of what’s involved in working in one of the world’s most renowned zoological and conservation facilities, and you’ll love getting up close with the awesome animals. Don’t forget, with so much action involved, be sure to bring along some snacks to keep up your energy for the day.
Whether it’s helping keepers prepare diets for the animals, cleaning habitats, or making enrichments activities for Australia Zoo’s wildlife – you’ll have a chance to get involved at a grass roots level.
After a busy morning getting up close with wildlife, budding zoo keepers can enjoy a specially provided lunch.
You’ll also receive a guided tour of the Australia Zoo Wildlife Hospital, the largest purpose-built facility of its kind in the world. Here you may see the dedicated veterinary team treating sick and injured native wildlife, and you’ll learn what you can do to protect Australia’s native fauna.
Every season is different and so is our Zoo Keeper for a Day Khaki Extreme program! We’ll change the animals and activities each school holiday period to keep it exciting, but with so many great animals on offer, the Khaki Extreme program is always a bunch of fun.
- Participant entry to Australia Zoo.
- Exclusive guided Zoo Keeper for a Day Khaki Extreme adventure and activities program.
- Lunch – Select a Zoo Keeper for a Day lunch option when you book online or over the phone.
- Exclusive Khaki Extreme Hat.
- Exclusive Khaki Extreme Water Bottle.
- Personal photograph with one of our amazing animals.
- Arrival Time: 8:30am for program sign in.
- Program Time: 5 hours.
- Ages: 12 – 16 years.
What to Bring
- Please wear closed in shoes. You won’t be able to participate if you do not have closed in shoes.
- Camera or phone with camera (optional).
- It’s going to be a busy day, so be sure to bring along some extra snacks for extra energy (lunch is provided).
- Any medications required or potentially required by participant (please note: Australia Zoo staff cannot administer medications).
- Please provide detailed information about any additional considerations when booking online and to program leaders on the day.
Past Program Activities
Here is a just a taste of some of the fun and engaging activities we could have in store:
- Behind-the-scenes tour of the Australia Zoo Wildlife Hospital.
- Behind-the-scenes access to our food preparation areas.
- Learning how the experts work with and condition our amazing birds – getting the inside scoop on working with the feathered stars of our Steve Irwin Wildlife Warriors Show.
- Cleaning the habitats of some our mega fauna, like rhino and zebra.
- Hiding some enrichment for our super cute, bushy tailed red panda and watching them them try to find it.
- Meeting and feeding our giant giraffe
- Finding out about our ground-breaking croc research and find out how our experienced crew do a ‘croc jump’
- Meet our beautiful dingoes or pat a koala.
- The list goes on and on and on…
Would you like to be notified of future programs and dates? Join our mailing list!