Khaki Extreme Reptiles Program (Age 12 – 16)
$99 per person
ZOO KEEPER FOR A DAY: Get extreme with reptiles and go wild!
If you love your reptiles, then this is the program for you!
The Khaki Extreme Reptiles program is a unique, behind-the-scenes zoo keeping adventure like no other! The program offers the chance for 12 – 16 year olds to have an action-packed, fun-filled day of exploration and excitement, focusing on all things reptilian.
During the day, you’ll learn about some of Steve’s favourite reptiles, including the amazing saltwater crocodile! You’ll have full access to some of the most skilled and experienced reptile handlers in the industry, where you’ll learn first-hand about caring for and working with these unique animals.
Become a chef for our reptiles, preparing diets for some of our most finicky eaters. Our experienced reptile team will give you the industry know-how on creating balanced and nutritional diets, so you can provide the best care for your own reptiles at home. We’ll even show you how to create and maintain a healthy ecosystem for your meal worms and crickets.
Hear first-hand from our croc team about the most ground-breaking research undertaken on our annual crocodile trip to the Steve Irwin Wildlife Reserve by attending Croc Camp. And if full-on action is more your thing, then you’ll love learning how to jump a croc, just like Steve did. Our croc crew will take you through their training routine and show you how it’s done! Don’t forget to bring some snacks so you can keep up with all the training!
After a busy morning getting up close with wildlife, budding zoo keepers and reptile-lovers can enjoy a specially provided lunch while they watch the jaw-snapping action of the Australia Zoo Wildlife Warriors show (including the crocs!) in the world-famous Crocoseum.
And just when you thought it couldn’t get any better, you’ll be able to get your photo taken with one of our amazing reptiles at Australia Zoo.
You’ll definitely be living life on the wild side with this amazing program and we can’t wait to take you on the journey!
If you want a more general Zoo Keeper for a Day program for 12 to 16 year olds, check out our Khaki Extreme program.
- Participant entry to Australia Zoo (for program duration).
- Exclusive guided Zoo Keeper for a Day Khaki Extreme Reptile adventure and activities program.
- Lunch – Select a Zoo Keeper for a Day lunch option when you book online or over the phone.
- Exclusive Khaki Extreme Hat.
- Exclusive Khaki Extreme Water Bottle.
- Personal photograph with one of our amazing animals.
- Arrival Time : 8.30am for program sign in.
- Program Time: 8.45am – 2pm.
- Ages: 12 – 16 years.
What to Bring
- Please wear closed in shoes. You won’t be able to participate if you do not have closed in shoes.
- Camera or phone with camera (optional).
- It’s going to be a busy day, so be sure to bring along some extra snacks for extra energy (lunch and a light morning tea is provided).
- Any medications required or potentially required by participant.
- Please provide detailed information when booking online and to leaders on the day of program.
Past Program Activities
- Be a reptile chef and help our keepers prepare diets for some of our most finicky eaters.
- First-hand insight to the most up-to-date, ground-breaking croc research information from those who were there.
- Learn how to jump a croc, just like Steve did.
- See and learn what’s involved in training and conditioning our alligators – they’re one of our stars of Steve Irwin’s Wildlife Warriors show.
- We’ll even show you how to create and maintain a healthy ecosystem for your meal worms and crickets.
- Learn one of the methods to identify snakes through the process of scale counting.
- See first-hand what is involved in setting up for the crocodile segment of our amazing Wildlife Warrior Show.
- Meet and feed some of our coolest characters including lizards, turtles, giant Aldabra land tortoise, alligators, snakes, iguanas and more…