Khaki Sensory Program (Special Needs Aged 7+)
$69 per person
ZOO KEEPER FOR A DAY: A sensory Experience like no other!
The Khaki Sensory program gives budding zoo keepers the opportunity to get up close with amazing wildlife, taking all their senses into account. This program has been specifically designed for those aged 7 and upwards (no age limit) who, due to their specific health or medical requirements, may not be able to participate in our regular Zoo Keeper for a Day programs.
We want you to squeeze in as much interaction with our amazing animals as possible, so during this special program we’ll bring the fun to you!
Get up close with Australia Zoo’s wildlife, which comes in all shapes and sizes and can be warm or cold, smooth or rough, furry, feathery or scaly. We have them all and want to take you on a sensory adventure that will have you smelling, touching and seeing some of our all-time favourite animals.
After a busy morning getting up close with wildlife, budding zoo keepers can enjoy a specially provided lunch while they check out the jaw-snapping action of the Australia Zoo Wildlife Warriors show in the world-famous Crocoseum. Program duration – 3 hours – general admission not included.
The Khaki Sensory Program runs outside the school holidays, however, group bookings are available on request throughout the year. Minimum group size is 8 people per booking.
Please note: Carers will be required to attend this program and will be admitted free of charge for program duration. Maximum 1 carer per child will be permitted to travel with the group.
Program price includes participant entry to Australia Zoo for program duration only. If you would like to continue the fun in the zoo after the program, please refer to general admission ticket prices.
- Participant entry to Australia Zoo for program duration (3 hours).
- 1 x carer entry to Australia Zoo for program duration.
- Exclusive guided Zoo Keeper for a Day Khaki Sensory adventure and activities program.
- Lunch – Select a Zoo Keeper for a Day lunch option when you book online or over the phone (participant only).
- Exclusive Australia Zoo gift item (participant only).
- A personal photograph of each participant with one of our amazing animals.
- Arrival Time : 9.30am for program sign in.
- Program Time: 10.00am – 1.00pm.
- Ages: 7 years upwards, including adults.
- Accompanying adult/carer free of charge attendance for program duration.
What to Bring
- Please wear closed in shoes. You won’t be able to participate if you do not have closed in shoes.
- Camera or phone with camera (optional).
- Please bring additional snacks (lunch provided for child participants only).
- Any medications required or potentially required by participant.
Past Program Activities
- Meet some our coolest characters, like blue tongue lizards.
- Scrub the shells of our amazing giant Aldabra land tortoise.
- Meet one of our spiky echidnas and have your individual photo taken.
- Get up close and personal feeding our beautiful, friendly kangaroos and wallabies.
- Meet our baby farm yard animals and help out with some feeding.
- Meet our naughty wombats as they head out for an afternoon walk.
- Help feed our beautiful and colourful rainforest aviary birds with some of their favourite treats, like meal worms.
- Pat a cuddly koala.