Khaki Sensory Program (Aged 7+)
$99 per person
ZOO KEEPER FOR A DAY: A sensory experience like no other!
The khaki sensory program has been specifically designed for those aged 7 and upwards (no age limit) who, due to their specific health or medical requirements, may not be able to participate in our other Zoo Keeper for a Day programs.
All our Zoo Keeper for a Day leaders are experienced educators, so they know how to ensure everyone has a happy, safe and enjoyable day.
Australia Zoo’s wildlife comes in all shapes and sizes, can be warm or cold, smooth or rough, furry, feathery or scaly! We will take you on a sensory adventure that will have you smelling, touching and seeing some of our all-time favourite animals.
Every season is different and so is our Zoo Keeper for a Day Khaki Sensory program.
The Khaki Sensory Program runs throughout the year, outside of the Queensland school holiday period. Sometimes the animals change and other times the activities do, but with this much fun going on every day, you know it’s going to be a great experience!
Check out the ‘Past Programs’ below to see what previous groups have got up to on their day as a Zoo Keeper.
- Participant entry to Australia Zoo.
- Exclusive guided Zoo Keeper for a Day Khaki Sensory activities program.
- Lunch – Select a Zoo Keeper for a Day lunch option when you book online or over the phone (participant only).
- Exclusive Australia Zoo gift item (participant only).
- Personal photograph with one of our amazing animals (participant only).
- Arrival Time : 9.30am for program registration.
- Program Time: 9.45am – 12.45pm.
- Ages: 7 years upwards, including adults.
- One lucky parent/carer per participant is required to attend all the fun at no extra cost. Please note, additional adults and children cannot be accommodated on the program.
If you would like to continue exploring the zoo after the program concludes, full day entry to Australia Zoo is included for Sensory program participants. Valid Australian companion card holders receive a free entry for their carer. Alternatively general admissions apply for adult re-entry.
What to Bring
- Please wear closed in shoes. You won’t be able to participate if you do not have closed in shoes.
- Camera or phone with camera (optional).
- Please bring additional snacks (lunch provided for participants only).
- Any medications required or potentially required by participants
- Please provide detailed information about additional considerations when booking online and to leaders on the day of the program.
Past Program Activities
- Hang out with some of our favourite scaly friends!
- Make a toy to entertain our curious Tassie Devils
- Meet one of our spikey echidnas
- Feed some of our native birds with their favourite treats
- Meet a cheeky wombat as they head out for a morning walk.
- Pat a cuddly koala.