Visit Australia's busiest wildlife hospital, where you can observe our extraordinary team of vets as they save precious wildlife right in front of your eyes.
The Australia Zoo Wildlife Hospital was opened in 2004, inspired by the memory of Steve's mum, Lyn Irwin, who was a pioneer in wildlife care.
All monies raised from this tour goes directly back to the Australia Zoo Wildlife Hospital.
Timing and Days
- Three 30min tours run daily at 10:00am (prebooked only), 2:30pm and 3:30pm.
Package and Price
- Hospital tour costs vary for internal and external guests. Please note that prices do not include admission to Australia Zoo. Admission can be paid on arrival at the Zoo.
Internal - patrons also visiting Australia Zoo on the same day.
Adults - $19, Children - $9
External - patrons not visiting Australia Zoo.
Adults - $49, Children - $34
- All children 14 years and under must be accompanied by a paying adult.
- Maximum of 8 people per tour.
Hospital tours can be pre-booked or booked on the day (subject to availability). Bookings can be taken by phone, email, online or in person at the Information Desk (within zoo) or at the Wildlife Hospital Tour Desk. The hospital will also take “walk in” external bookings. The Terms & Conditions and Indemnity & Release forms must be completed and signed prior to the tour. Any persons under 18 years of age must also have a parent or guardian fill out the Declaration for Minors form.
Call the Information & Tour Desk on (07) 5436 2002 or email using our contact form.
Terms and Conditions
Australia Zoo Wildlife Hospital Tour Terms & Conditions
1. Children under 15yrs MUST be accompanied on the tour by a participating, paying adult
2. Suitable footwear must be worn during the tour i.e. no high heels.
Generic Terms and Conditions - applicable to ALL encounters
1. Entry to Australia Zoo is not included. Valid entry is compulsory for all encounters.
2. All Participants, including children, must follow all instructions given by the handlers. Each Participant must be able to understand English or have a paying, participating interpreter with them.
3. Australia Zoo reserves the right to refuse any person to participate in the Animal Encounter for health, safety or other reasons. Participants may be asked to cease the encounter at any time for whatever reason at the handler's discretion.
4. Some encounters may require special assistance to provide access to Wheelchair bound guests. Staff must be informed of mobility issues when booking the encounter.
5. Animal Encounters are subject to weather. Please be aware that the encounter may need to be cancelled if bad weather occurs before or during the session. The encounter will be rescheduled for the next available date, at the Zoo's discretion.
6. All encounters are subject to change without notice. If the encounter is cancelled by Australia Zoo, you will have the option to receive a full refund or reschedule to another encounter time or day.
7. Cancellation within 48hrs of the Session shall result in forfeiture of 50% of the full payment. If the Participant does not attend or is late to the experience the fee will NOT be refunded.
8. No personal items or food are permitted on the encounter, this includes camera's and backpacks. In some circumstances, a phone or small camera will be allowed.
9. Please remember that all animals are capable of exercising their natural instincts. Do not under any circumstances attempt to roughly handle the animal. Contact with animals will be under the handlers direction - please do not touch animal's head, face or any other body parts unless directed to by the animal handler.
10. All interaction will be instigated by the animals. The behaviour of the animals or the outcome/level of interaction is not guaranteed under any circumstances.
11. Australia Zoo does not take any responsibility for any injuries, howsoever received whether it be as a result of the Animal Encounter, travelling to, or being in, the enclosure in which the animal is housed.
12. The food we feed to our animals may contain nuts, eggs, fruit, seafood, raw meat and other food products. Please ensure any allergies are discussed with staff prior to the encounter being undertaken.
13. Participants must be aware that they may be filmed during experiences for media purposes.
14. The Participant consents to the publication and/or use in any media whatsoever of their name, image, voice statements or otherwise, without payment of compensation.
15. This experience is an "Animal Encounter" for the purposes of the Waiver, Indemnity and Release attached.
16. The Participant acknowledges and agrees that the attached Waiver, Acknowledgement, Indemnity and Release forms part of this document.
Animal Encounter Enquiry Form
We need your name, email address, which Encounter you're interested in, and anything else you can tell us about your trip to Australia Zoo! If you know what day you're coming, and your preferred Encounter is available, we'll contact you to confirm the booking, or we can give you details of alternative available Encounters.