This is your opportunity for a personal meeting with a true Aussie icon. Each person attending will have the opportunity for a heart warming cuddle with one of our beautiful koalas, whilst chatting with experienced keepers about what is involved in caring for this very special Australia Zoo resident.
Timing and Days
- Three to Four Koala encounters are held daily.
- Encounters run at 9:30am, 11.00am, 1.45pm and 3.30pm. Please select your preferred time slot upon booking.
- $49 per person (does not include admission). Admission can be paid on arrival at the Zoo.
- Minimum age 8 years. Children may require assistance to hold the koala.
- Maximum 4 people per encounter.
- Bookings can be made online in advance or by calling 07 5436 2002. You can also book on the day (subject to availability) at the Information & Tour Desk a minimum of 30 minutes prior to encounter.
- Includes one Australia Zoo gift per person.
Terms and Conditions
9:30am, 11am, 1:45pm and 3.30pm Koala Encounter Terms and Conditions
1. The encounter is available to guests aged 8 years and over. Children may require assistance holding the Koala. Children under 15 must be accompanied to the enclosure by an adult.
2. Guests under 120cm's may not be able to hold the Koala.
3. No personal items are to be taken into the enclosures with the exception of a camera. An Australia Zoo photographer will be present to capture the action. Photos are available to purchase at the Fuji Photo Lab. Included with this encounter is a Australia Zoo Photo Gift
4. Guests must check in at the Information Desk no later than 9.15am for the 9:30am session, 10.30 for the 11am session, 11.30am for the 1.45pm session and 2pm for the 3.30pm session.
5. Wheelchair bound guests may be able to participate in this encounter. To enquire about booking please contact the Australia Zoo Information Desk via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or 07 5436 2002.
General Animal Encounter Terms and Conditions
1. Entry is not included; guests must have a valid Zoo entry to participate in any encounters.
2. If you do not show or are late to the experience the fee will NOT be refunded.
3. Cancellation within 48 hours will result in forfeiture of 50% of the full fee.
4. Suitable footwear must be worn during the encounter.
5. All participants must follow all instructions given by the handlers.
6. Participants must have reasonable motor skills.
7. Each guest must be able to understand English or have a paying participating interpreter with them.
8. Please ensure that your hands are clean prior to commencement of experience.
9. Participants may be asked to cease the encounter at any time for whatever reason at the handler's discretion
10. Australia Zoo reserves the right to refuse any person to participate for safety or other reasons.
11. All interaction will be instigated by the animals.
12. Guests must be aware they may be filmed during experiences for media purposes, please see Indemnity & Release information provided.
13. Australia Zoo does not take any responsibility for any injuries that are received. First Aid will be called if required.
14. All encounters are subject to change without notice.
*Please alert staff if you have any serious allergies.« Return to Animal Encounters
Animal Encounter Enquiry Form
We need your name, email address, which Encounter you're interested in, and anything else you can tell us about your trip to Australia Zoo! If you know what day you're coming, and your preferred Encounter is available, we'll contact you to confirm the booking, or we can give you details of alternative available Encounters.