This is your opportunity for a personal meeting with a true Aussie icon. Each person attending will have the opportunity for a heart warming cuddle with one of our beautiful koalas, whilst chatting with experienced keepers about what is involved in caring for this very special Australia Zoo resident.
Timing and Days
- Four Koala encounters are held daily.
- Encounters run at 9:30am, 11.00am, 1.45pm and 3.30pm. Please select your preferred time slot upon booking.
- $49 per person (does not include admission). Admission can be paid on arrival at the Zoo.
- Minimum age 8 years. Children may require assistance to hold the koala.
- Maximum 4 people per encounter.
- Bookings can be made online in advance or by calling 07 5436 2002. You can also book on the day (subject to availability) at the Information & Tour Desk a minimum of 30 minutes prior to encounter.
- Includes one Australia Zoo gift per person.
Terms and Conditions
Cuddly Koala Encounter Terms & Conditions
1. Cuddly Koalas Animal Encounters are available to Participants who are 8 years of age and above only.
2. Children 8 -14yrs who are under 120cm's tall may require assistance to hold the koala. Children under 15 MUST be accompanied to the enclosure by an adult.
3. Suitable footwear must be worn during the encounter i.e. no high heels.
4. Participants must be capable of holding and supporting the weight of a koala.
Generic Terms and Conditions - applicable to ALL encounters
1. Entry to Australia Zoo is not included. Valid entry is compulsory for all encounters.
2. All Participants, including children, must follow all instructions given by the handlers. Each Participant must be able to understand English or have a paying, participating interpreter with them.
3. Australia Zoo reserves the right to refuse any person to participate in the Animal Encounter for health, safety or other reasons. Participants may be asked to cease the encounter at any time for whatever reason at the handler's discretion.
4. Some encounters may require special assistance to provide access to Wheelchair bound guests. Staff must be informed of mobility issues when booking the encounter.
5. Animal Encounters are subject to weather. Please be aware that the encounter may need to be cancelled if bad weather occurs before or during the session. The encounter will be rescheduled for the next available date, at the Zoo's discretion.
6. All encounters are subject to change without notice. If the encounter is cancelled by Australia Zoo, you will have the option to receive a full refund or reschedule to another encounter time or day.
7. Cancellation within 48hrs of the Session shall result in forfeiture of 50% of the full payment. If the Participant does not attend or is late to the experience the fee will NOT be refunded.
8. No personal items or food are permitted on the encounter, this includes camera's and backpacks. In some circumstances, a phone or small camera will be allowed.
9. Please remember that all animals are capable of exercising their natural instincts. Do not under any circumstances attempt to roughly handle the animal. Contact with animals will be under the handlers direction - please do not touch animal's head, face or any other body parts unless directed to by the animal handler.
10. All interaction will be instigated by the animals. The behaviour of the animals or the outcome/level of interaction is not guaranteed under any circumstances.
11. Australia Zoo does not take any responsibility for any injuries, howsoever received whether it be as a result of the Animal Encounter, travelling to, or being in, the enclosure in which the animal is housed.
12. The food we feed to our animals may contain nuts, eggs, fruit, seafood, raw meat and other food products. Please ensure any allergies are discussed with staff prior to the encounter being undertaken.
13. Participants must be aware that they may be filmed during experiences for media purposes.
14. The Participant consents to the publication and/or use in any media whatsoever of their name, image, voice statements or otherwise, without payment of compensation.
15. This experience is an "Animal Encounter" for the purposes of the Waiver, Indemnity and Release attached.
16. The Participant acknowledges and agrees that the attached Waiver, Acknowledgement, Indemnity and Release forms part of this document.« Return to Animal Encounters
Animal Encounter Enquiry Form
We need your name, email address, which Encounter you're interested in, and anything else you can tell us about your trip to Australia Zoo! If you know what day you're coming, and your preferred Encounter is available, we'll contact you to confirm the booking, or we can give you details of alternative available Encounters.