Have a go at this! Australia Zoo is bursting at the seams with excitement as Zoo guests can participate in an encounter with our black and white ruffed lemurs!
You will be able to get up close and personal with these guys and you may even get the chance to hand feed them! With our knowledgeable and friendly keeper's right there to answer any questions, you will learn all about this playful species.
- Available 7 days at 9:30am.
- $79 per person. Guests must have a valid Zoo entry ticket.
- Minimum age 4 years (all children 4-14 years must be accompanied by a paying, participating adult).
- Maximum of 4 people per encounter.
- Booking cut off time is 9:15am
- Includes one Australia Zoo gift per person.
- Discounted photos packages are available for an extra cost or guests can take their own photos.
- Lemur Encounter is subject to the weather. If encounter is cancelled a full refund will be given.
- Australia reserves the right to change to ring-tailed lemurs if required for animal well-being
- Pre booked guests must check in at the Information Desk no later than 9:10am
- Wheelchair bound guests may be able to participate in this encounter. To enquire about booking please contact the Tour Desk on 07 54362002 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms and Conditions
1. The encounter is available to guests aged 4 years and over. Children aged 4-14 must be accompanied by a paying, participating adult. Only participating guests will be taken to the enclosure, other party members won't have a clear view of this encounter.
2. Guests with Cold and Flu Symptoms will be unable to participate in the encounter
3. No personal items are to be taken into the enclosures with the exception of a camera. An Australia Zoo photographer will be present to capture the action. Photos are available to purchase at the Fuji Photo Lab. Included with this encounter is a Australia Zoo Photo Gift
4. Guests must check in at the Information Desk no later than 9:10am.
To enquire about booking please contact the Australia Zoo Information Desk via email (email@example.com) or 07 5436 2002.
General Animal Encounter Terms and Conditions
1. Entry is not included; guests must have a valid Zoo entry to participate in any encounters.
2. If you do not show or are late to the experience the fee will NOT be refunded.
3. Cancellation within 48 hours will result in forfeiture of 50% of the full fee.
4. Suitable footwear must be worn during the encounter.
5. All participants must follow all instructions given by the handlers.
6. Participants must have reasonable motor skills.
7. Each guest must be able to understand English or have a paying participating interpreter with them.
8. Please ensure that your hands are clean prior to commencement of experience.
9. Participants may be asked to cease the encounter at any time for whatever reason at the handler's discretion
10. Australia Zoo reserves the right to refuse any person to participate for safety or other reasons.
11. All interaction will be instigated by the animals.
12. Guests must be aware they may be filmed during experiences for media purposes, please see Indemnity & Release information provided.
13. Australia Zoo does not take any responsibility for any injuries that are received. First Aid will be called if required.
14. All encounters are subject to change without notice.
*Please alert staff if you have any serious allergies.« Return to Animal Encounters
Animal Encounter Enquiry Form
We need your name, email address, which Encounter you're interested in, and anything else you can tell us about your trip to Australia Zoo! If you know what day you're coming, and your preferred Encounter is available, we'll contact you to confirm the booking, or we can give you details of alternative available Encounters.