At Australia Zoo you can get closer than you ever thought possible to these amazing animals. Found throughout the Himalayan Mountains it is a rare treat to be able to experience these soft, furry, bushy tailed, gorgeous looking Red Pandas.
Offer them a treat, and if you're lucky, these little cuties might even eat out of your hand! What a ripper!
Timing and Days
- One Panda encounter is held daily.
- Encounters in March 2019 will run from 8:30am - 8:45am.
- Encounters from April 2019 will run from 9am - 9.15am.
- Participants need to check in at the Front Gates at least 20 minutes prior to encounter. March 2019 - As this is prior to opening hours, only paying participants are able to attend the encounter.
Price and Guest Limit
- $79.00 per person (does not include admission). Admission can be paid on arrival at the Zoo or online prior to your visit. All encounters and tours are available only to guests visiting Australia Zoo.
- Minimum age 6 years.
- Maximum of 4 people per encounter.
Bookings can be made in advance online or by calling 07 5436 2002.
- Includes one Australia Zoo gift per person.
Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
1. This encounter is available to guests aged 6 years and over. Children aged 6 -14 must be accompanied by a paying, participating adult.
2. Guests must check in at the Admissions area no later than 8:10am for March 2019 bookings or by 8.45am for April 2019 onwards bookings. Only guests with encounter tickets will be permitted to attend, other family members must wait at the entrance for the duration. Australia Zoo staff are not able to look after any unaccompanied children.
3. No personal items are to be taken into the enclosures with the exception of a camera. An Australia Zoo photographer will be present to capture the action. Photos are available to purchase at the Fuji Photo Lab. Included with this encounter is a Australia Zoo Photo Gift
4. Wheelchair bound guests may be able to participate in this encounter. To enquire about booking please contact the Australia Zoo Information Desk via email (email@example.com) or 07 5436 2002.
General Animal Encounter Terms and Conditions
1. Entry is not included; guests must have a valid Zoo entry to participate in any encounters.
2. If you do not show or are late to the experience the fee will NOT be refunded.
3. Cancellation within 48 hours will result in forfeiture of 50% of the full fee.
4. Suitable footwear must be worn during the encounter.
5. All participants must follow all instructions given by the handlers.
6. Participants must have reasonable motor skills.
7. Each guest must be able to understand English or have a paying participating interpreter with them.
8. Please ensure that your hands are clean prior to commencement of experience.
9. Participants may be asked to cease the encounter at any time for whatever reason at the handler's discretion
10. Australia Zoo reserves the right to refuse any person to participate for safety or other reasons.
11. All interaction will be instigated by the animals.
12. Guests must be aware they may be filmed during experiences for media purposes, please see Indemnity & Release information provided.
13. Australia Zoo does not take any responsibility for any injuries that are received. First Aid will be called if required.
14. All encounters are subject to change without notice.
*Please alert staff if you have any serious allergies.« Return to Animal Encounters
Animal Encounter Enquiry Form
We need your name, email address, which Encounter you're interested in, and anything else you can tell us about your trip to Australia Zoo! If you know what day you're coming, and your preferred Encounter is available, we'll contact you to confirm the booking, or we can give you details of alternative available Encounters.